1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Words with Friends is going too far with it's ads

I'm now getting notifications, not in the app, but in my notification bar, urging me to buy Zynga's stupid add-on applets. This is going too far.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: Words with Friends is going too far with it's ads

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'm now getting notifications, not in the app, but in my notification bar, urging me to buy Zynga's stupid add-on applets. This is going too far.
    You just figured this out? I removed it from my phone because of all the ads. I was sick of it inviting me to play people I didn't know.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't have a problem with the in-game ads. But sending ads via the notification system is new, and abusive. I'm hoping everyone who agrees will complain via their reviews on the app store, and via Zynga's support page:
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I uninstalled both WWF and Hanging With Friends because of this. And now Scramble With Friends has the most popular powerup removed and they want you to pay for something similar in it's place. That'll be going soon too, I suspect.