Pandora - Non-A2DP Bluetooth Streaming

zak123321

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found answer to this anywhere, but forgive me if it has been answered.

I just ordered a Droid X a few days ago, and I was hoping to know the answer to this question before it arrives.

Back when I had a BlackBerry Storm1, I could stream the audio from the Pandora app to a Bluetooth headset that did not support A2DP (specifically, it is a Plantronics Voyager 520 - great headset, just no A2DP).

On the BB, it was called something to the effect of "Bluetooth audio" or "Bluetooth streaming" (I don't have the phone anymore to check).

The quality wasn't amazing (as I'm sure someone will point out) due to the headset profile being designed for voices rather than music, but I liked the functionality.

I switched to a Palm Pre Plus a few months ago and was upset to find that such a feature did not exist in the webOS app.

My question is a simple one:

Does the Android app have this functionality, and if it does not, is there a way to route the sound to it with another app of some sort?

Thank you for your assistance!
(I know, that sounds cliche, but it is true.)

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a DX and stream pandora to my car stereo via bluetooth.
when you hook up via the aux port and then power the phone with the vehicle power source, you get alternator whine over the speakers.
so the solution for me was to ditch the aux cable and go bluetooth.
not as powerful sound, but it works fine.

anon(22163)

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't beleive you can do this. Frankly I didn't know it was even possible but in the properties for the bluetooth device there's no profile to pick for stereo or phone audio.

I'm referring to a DX and Jawbone Prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon