Apps I've bought and no longer use...

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I figured that I would start this thread since I know there are probably more of you out there. State the App and why you no longer use it. Hopefully this will save people some money in the future.

Pure Calendar - No longer use it because it was killing my battery. If they got it fixed, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

Pure Messenger Widget - Same reasons as above

Ultimate Juice - This is the spiced up version of JuiceDefender. Since getting the extended battery and finally getting my settings right, this is just no longer needed.

FireKeys Auto Text - Originally purchased because I wanted something like my Blackberry had. This worked good for me, however, upon finding Smart Keyboard Pro all of my typing issues were resolved. SKP is just a great keyboard with autotext features.

Music Control Full - Advertised as a program that will let you set your camera button to control your music. This works, however I was looking for something that would do this with your screen off. You still have to unlock to use the features.

GolfCard Pro - By far, the most disAPPointing app that I have purchased. I had this on my iPod Touch and it was great. For some reason they dropped their affiliation with oobgolf and now are with US Handicap. Just not good anymore. Not enough courses and real disappointed with this app.

Well, there you have it. As I waste more money, I'll be sure to keep you posted.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got Pure Calendar and am not noticing any battery drain, but thanks for the heads up. If I see anything sucking down the battery I'll try disabling it, I don't think I would have considered it a battery drain.

Tasker is the app that I maybe shouldn't have purchased and am not currently using, maybe I'll give it another try but the most useful thing it did for me was start the music player when headphones are inserted.

Beautiful Widgets I love to hate and hate to love, I keep going back and forth between it and Weatherbug Elite (which I maybe also shouldn't have purchased). Not many tornadoes and stuff to look out for in California.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
More recent are easiest to remember!

Chomp...because I found Handcent! Wow.

Weathereye...it's started getting wonky, made me look for a new weather widg, settled on The Weather Channel. Love it.

Most sports ones, not worth a crap, frankly.

Who's Calling? Only had a few weeks, great idea to i.d. the unidentified calls, but it just can't work fast enough, so it slows down your answering the call since you have to close it and then answer. Sad to lose it, but I don't see how it could ever be fast enough to intercept a call that fast.

Marine Compass, way cool to look at, but that's about it.

Oh, and LauncherPro. I really really don't get the huge fanbase. It slowed my Droid down, didn't give me an easy way to access the builtin launcher...and with 2.2, just not much it does that warrants having it.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have Pure Calendar and it's ranked absolutely lowest on the battery usage screen. Therefore, it's definitely not a battery hog on my N1.

@Zorro1 have you used LP recently? For me, I absolutely love the feature that allows you to assign 2 actions to a single dock icon. For example, taping the phone icon launches the dialer, but swiping the same icon opens my call log. For market, swiping open Manage Applications shortcut from settings and so on.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
With LP I totally love the drag and drop uninstall functionality, as well as getting more icons on screen at a time. And scrollable widgets are great. Not sure if I will find it irrelevant with 2.2, but right now in 2.1 it is great. I did notice today that some features of apps like creating shortcuts to notes in 3Banana and NoteEverything aren't supported though, the shortcuts just go to the default launcher.

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
With LP I totally love the drag and drop uninstall functionality, as well as getting more icons on screen at a time. And scrollable widgets are great. Not sure if I will find it irrelevant with 2.2, but right now in 2.1 it is great. I did notice today that some features of apps like creating shortcuts to notes in 3Banana and NoteEverything aren't supported though, the shortcuts just go to the default launcher.

How do you do the drag and drop uninstall? Not seeing any info on that functionality on LP site.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Very nice.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Splash ID - buggy
CoPilot - Google Maps covers Canada now.
Sprite Backup - Seemed to work until I went to do a restore.
GDE - I like LP better.
SlideIT Keyboard & Better Keyboard - Prefer stock.
Beautiful Widgets.
SetCPU - can't use it on the X yet :/
Droimote Pro - Could never get it to work.
XiiaLive - I don't remember buying this but apparently I did.
TuneSync - iSyncr worked better for me.
Multi-touch Gallery - Froyo is better.
Astro File - prefer Root Explorer.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
OH! Left out Shazam, just cut it loose to keep SoundHound. Several times it couldn't even find a popular song I wanted to settle an argument...can't do live music, and even tho' I've had since Dec., it was trying to shoehorn me into the limited use group. ADios!

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you do the drag and drop uninstall? Not seeing any info on that functionality on LP site.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Very nice.

Cool huh? It is the most intuitive thing, you don't have to find the app in some long list, just drag, drop and delete.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I can 3rd the comment on Sprite Backup. I did the email thing with them and got a release that does work. I was told a new release should be out in September to take care of the no workem.

Splash ID - buggy
CoPilot - Google Maps covers Canada now.
Sprite Backup - Seemed to work until I went to do a restore.
GDE - I like LP better.
SlideIT Keyboard & Better Keyboard - Prefer stock.
Beautiful Widgets.
SetCPU - can't use it on the X yet :/
Droimote Pro - Could never get it to work.
XiiaLive - I don't remember buying this but apparently I did.
TuneSync - iSyncr worked better for me.
Multi-touch Gallery - Froyo is better.
Astro File - prefer Root Explorer.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets... but only because I purchased it during the short three weeks I had my Motorola Droid before the HTC Droid Incredible was release. Nice app, but with Sense, I had no need for it.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If you are noticing no battery loss with the Pure brand widgets, that is great. I may have to try it again. I did like those widgets alot.

i have found that most people who are getting poor battery life from the pure widgets are not unchecking the "keep service alive" box towards the bottom of the settings menu (especially on pure calendar). i have that box unchecked on my pure apps with an update frequency of 15 mins, and i have never had any battery issues with any of the widgets

and as far as paid apps i no longer use:

-profile: timeriffic does the same thing, but better, and it is free
-clockworkmod launcher: LPP and ADW are more stable/fully featured
-more icons widget: served me well for a time, but just dont have a use for it anymore
-weather and toggle widget: beautiful widgets is better in oh so many ways
-dxtop: used to be the business back in the day, but ADW and LPP are where it is at for a more stock android feel

Last edited:

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I can 3rd the comment on Sprite Backup. I did the email thing with them and got a release that does work. I was told a new release should be out in September to take care of the no workem.

I'm another sprite user that got burned on a system restore. I hope that eventually it will be fixed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12