Best GDoc application?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What is the best GDoc application you have found, specifically I want to view text docs, nothing fancy, I have QuickOffice to view spreadsheets but it doesn't allow easy text copying. Alternately, can you suggest a really good note app that has a web interface but still has offline viewing? I use 3Banana but the sync functionality has been down a bit lately, and it has a limit on text per note.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I just struck GOLD! NoteEverything, which I just started using and was very happy with except that it had no sync function, has a free NE GDocs app add-on, it lets you grab compatable text from your GDocs account, which is exactly what I intended to do (Grab text and put in NoteEverything). I am pleased! I tried one note and it is perfect for me. Awesome, I may just buy the Pro add-on now. They deserve my money.

FuManChuu

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Im really hoping a full native google docs suite comes with Gingerbread... all the current offerings are bleh. Even noteeverything sync can't hold a candle to what true cloud syncing would be.

It sure would make a lovely counterpoint to iWork

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm ok though, regardless. This is magnificent! It really was exactly what I wanted. How often does that happen? I was trying to love 3Banana but it just is a little unstable, and I couldn't post the notes as shortcuts inside LauncherPro so it felt crippled, but NoteEverything allows that too. I am really really pleased. GDocs isn't a 'third party' site and I can later use all the docs I post there in another app or computer without having locked myself into something that could go away at the drop of a hat. I trust GDocs will be around for a while.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Around as long as you are in an area with Internut connectivity.

Well that is part of the reason I'm digging NoteEverything, my temple is in the country in a canyon without internet connection, so I wanted a way to get notes onto my handheld easily so I can read them there, also at times I like to just put the phone in Airplane mode, get offline and unavailable for calls, save battery power but not lose everything. I try to read the same thing again and again to let it sink in, I have a bad memory, anyhow I'm sure it doesn't suit everyone's needs but I was looking for a solution and found it :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech