1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Question about the Yahoo Mail app for Android

Does anyone know if you have to be a Yahoo Mail Plus subscriber for the Yahoo Mail app to work. Ive had a Yahoo Mail Plus account for about 5 years. I turns the standard Yahoo Mail into POP3 account for about $20 a year. I don't want to pay for it if I don't need to have it.

So is there anyone using the Yahoo Mail for Android app with a regular Yahoo mail account?

Yes I am using it and just have the basic yahoo email account.

We can 5th that. It works as Yahoo! does.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Yep. it works with my basic yahoo acct.
    HTC Incredible

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

http://forum.androidcentral.com/gene...tml#post258601

This exact post is what helped me to set up my yahoo mail using the built in email on my phone rather than using the Yahoo Mail App (which sucks IMO)

Its still not a fluid and responsive as it was when I had an iPhone, but it does the job and is a small price to pay for such a cool phone/platform.

Why do you think the Yahoo! app sucks?
    --
    Andreas

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

Its very laggy. Sometimes emails don't show up there at all. I have it uninstalled now, but from what I remember, it didn't have a 'preview' of each email while viewing on the main page.

I guess I got used to how well the iPhone handled emails and IMO is a pretty high standard to live up to(as far as touch screen email clients go). I had multiple email accounts set up and was able to switch back and forth effortlessly and the client handled it with accuracy and speed. To be honest I really haven't found an email app on my Droid Phone yet that works as well as the iPhone one did.

But as stated before, its not THAT big a deal to me and all the other positives of my new phone FAR outweigh this negative.

IMO bite the bullet and switch to Gmail. short-term pain for long-term gain.

good luck.

Default Re: Question about the Yahoo Mail app for Android

The app yahoo sucks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk