1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix app

Now that there's a netflix app for iphone how long do you think it will be before it hits android

Sent from my DROIDX

Hopefully soon.

Soon. I would bet by Christmas.

last week there was a press release where netflix hired android developers

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcw View Post
    last week there was a press release where netflix hired android developers
    That was months ago, unless there was another press release and they are hiring more...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Netflix app

Yeah that was months ago lol many people do they need

The moon

I hope they hired some talent. The ipad app sucks pretty hard. I've liked the iphone app though. It looks like they could port it fairly easy too given its html5 roots.

That said, I can hardly wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Man I hope they use a widget some how that would be really cool what do you guys think

The moon

Don't really know what you would do with a Netflix widget. But I hope they do something good with it.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    unlocked/rooted/stock rom

I hope it comes soon... Streaming netflix on my beautiful 4.3 inch display. Right now dream hopefully soon a reality.
    Nexus Prime was a better name!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah netflix and skype that's all I need now I have the slingbox can't wait hurry up netflix

The moon

When the Netflix app comes out, I'll most likely have to sign back onto Netflix.

Is it true that the Netflix app for iPhone costs an extra $8.99/month on top of your regular Netflix subscription? I'm guessing this is to stream movies on the phone? That's pretty crazy. I didn't think thats what the app was meant for.

I thought the point of the Netflix app was to be able to manage your account, queue, browse and add movies to the queue. That's all I'd be happy with. Cause I can just imagine how quick a whole movie would drain your battery and eat up data.

"Jamie Odell, director of product management, here. We hinted at a free Netflix App for the iPhone and iPod touch in April, announced it in June and I’m happy to share that it is available now! If you want to instantly watch TV episodes and movies on your iPhone or iPod touch, all you need to do is get the free Netflix App from the App Store at and have a Netflix membership starting at $8.99 a month. "

Meaning you just need to have a general netflix subscription starting at $8.99 a month.

My friend has an iphone 4 and i have NO CLUE how it streamed flawless HD like quality over 3g data. He wasn't connected to WIFI because we were in the car! someone please explain this!

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    Is it true that the Netflix app for iPhone costs an extra $8.99/month on top of your regular Netflix subscription? I'm guessing this is to stream movies on the phone? That's pretty crazy. I didn't think thats what the app was meant for.

I thought the point of the Netflix app was to be able to manage your account, queue, browse and add movies to the queue. That's all I'd be happy with. Cause I can just imagine how quick a whole movie would drain your battery and eat up data.
    It doesn't cost any extra, I have it installed on my ipod touch.$8.99 is just the base price for a netflix subscription. For $8.99 you get one disc at a time through the mail but get unlimited streaming. I have the 2 disc at a time plan and stream movies through my nintendo wii, it works really well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here

Oh ok, Yeah I have the $8.99 subscription. I was mislead, cause someone told me it was an additional $8.99. Sorry that's where the confusion was. Thanks.

I really hope they make it HDMI capable!

(NEW RELEASE) Charades for your phone...

An app that's better than Catchphrase or Taboo: PhoneFraze!

Party with friends or family using these social games for 4 - 20+ people!

i saw someone here streamed their amazon.com on demand movies via the Android browser.

The only thing I could possibly see a use for a widget is a scrollable list of your instant queue, a single click to launch the movie.

I can't wait for this, I think this will help me justify a subscription.

---dcross9818

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

As much as I would like to see this app come as well, I really don't think I ill use it for anything but managing my queue. I was excited for the release for the ipod touch, I installed it, but I doubt that I will ever watch a movie on it...

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    "Jamie Odell, director of product management, here. We hinted at a free Netflix App for the iPhone and iPod touch in April, announced it in June and Im happy to share that it is available now! If you want to instantly watch TV episodes and movies on your iPhone or iPod touch, all you need to do is get the free Netflix App from the App Store at and have a Netflix membership starting at $8.99 a month. "

Meaning you just need to have a general netflix subscription starting at $8.99 a month.

Very, very nice about the iPhone. But seeing as this is an Android discussion board why dont you give us the same insight about an upcoming Android app.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Im excited for this app too. I watch a lot of netfilx instant movies through xbox. It will be cool to be able to watch them now on my phone. I'm hoping they hurry up with this app and release it to android.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    Very, very nice about the iPhone. But seeing as this is an Android discussion board why dont you give us the same insight about an upcoming Android app.
    MrHanky was just quoting someone from Netflix.