capacitive button app for Droid X?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a stupid question, but one of my friends also has a Droid X. He came up to me today and asked me if they ever made an app that simulated the hard buttons on the screen. Not a bad idea...

I love my X, but I wish there was a way to section off the bottom portion of the screen for "on screen" buttons for back, menu, home and search.

Any ideas?

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Not seeing anything like that in appbrain, market search yields nothing.

I can't see why that would seem practical though. You would lose some of that gorgeous screen to.... buttons :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Not seeing anything like that in appbrain, market search yields nothing.

I can't see why that would seem practical though. You would lose some of that gorgeous screen to.... buttons :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i'm just not a huge fan of the buttons, i miss the droid and the incredible when it comes to quick access. hopefully someone, somewhere, will make it just for fun

marantper

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
here is the problem with the Droid X and its non-capacitive buttons: the screen, while very big, makes it very difficult to hit those non-capacitive buttons without having to adjust the phone in your hand. Not very convenient. I have a Droid X, not happy with it for that reason. I would love an app that brought capacitive buttons to the bottom of my screen. It'd be GREAT use of the screen real estate.

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the problem of not being able to hit the buttons. When doing a one hand hold, I hold the phone so that the bottom is kind of resting on my pinky. That keeps the bottom buttons within reach of my thumb!

I do have issues reaching the notification bar, though I had no problem when I was using ADW...

Try using a launcher maybe? I think Launcher Pro allows you to add shortcuts similar to the hard buttons in to the dock.

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the problem of not being able to hit the buttons. When doing a one hand hold, I hold the phone so that the bottom is kind of resting on my pinky. That keeps the bottom buttons within reach of my thumb!

I do have issues reaching the notification bar, though I had no problem when I was using ADW...

Try using a launcher maybe? I think Launcher Pro allows you to add shortcuts similar to the hard buttons in to the dock.

That is like the ONE feature i wish LP+ would add. ADW makes it SO easy to grab the notification bar.

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
That is like the ONE feature i wish LP+ would add. ADW makes it SO easy to grab the notification bar.

I use LP, I just set a swipe up function on my app drawer that opens notifications, works great. I also keep my bar hidden. it's great for my Droid X, since the screen is so big, just swipe up from the bottom and the bar drops down.

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use LP, I just set a swipe up function on my app drawer that opens notifications, works great. I also keep my bar hidden. it's great for my Droid X, since the screen is so big, just swipe up from the bottom and the bar drops down.

Indeed, its a great feature...but all my icon swipe functions are taken :)

EinZtein

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
here is the problem with the Droid X and its non-capacitive buttons: the screen, while very big, makes it very difficult to hit those non-capacitive buttons without having to adjust the phone in your hand. Not very convenient. I have a Droid X, not happy with it for that reason. I would love an app that brought capacitive buttons to the bottom of my screen. It'd be GREAT use of the screen real estate.

Agree completely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar