1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is the best universal messenger app?

I'm finding the one that comes pre-installed isn't very user friendly. I can't seem to figure out how to save pics from messages yet.

I love ebuddy...but it is a battery drainer. I also use Trillian but that's a brand new beta and has many things that annoy me. But ebuddy is great.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply Marq, but the last thing I need is another battery drainer.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Handcent seems to be a good replacement, Using it for a day so far and I like how you can customize the chat window, Give it a shot, Its free and in the app market for DL.
    HTC Apache > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch > BB Curve 8310 > iPhone 3G > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G
    Currently testing every rom under the sun to see which one I like best. Warm 2.2 is current winner!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks C01E. I'll give it a shot.

I use Trillian and eBuddy. eBuddy is more stable but Trillian looks like it will be better once it gets out of Beta. eBuddy you can get from the Market but here is the link for Trillian .

I have heard of one other called Beejive. I think it's in Beta as well but never tried it.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Wait...Are you talking about SMS messaging or IM messaging apps? Cause if your talking about the stock messaging app for SMS, then yes you can save pics from it.

Oh I didn't read it that way. LOL I thought you were talking about IMs but now that I read it, it does sound like you are talking about SMS. If you are talking about SMS, when you click on the picture the first time, it enters slide show mode. When it is in slide show, click on it again and the bottom right button will save it. If that is not there, then download Save MMS from the Android Market.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

If we're talking IM, I use eBuddy. I used it on my iPod touch (when I had it, and was into that kind of thing), and so far so good on the Droid. I used another app before that was 293847239847239847 times better than eBuddy, but I forgot the name

If we're talking SMS, I found one last night that I really, really like... chompSMS. It's like bubble chat, you can customize colors, notifications, and LED light... pretty snazzy.
    }i{ Amy the Gadget Queen
    Fun fact: I have had over 25 phones from all four major carriers and one prepaid carrier. The title says it all (:

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

For im, there's also fring