I miss iTunes

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay

I loved how I can hop onto iTunes and download a wide variety of podcasts both audio and video.

Is there anything like this for Android users?

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
You really DON'T need an application to manage your media. But if you feel you must, there's always DoubleTwist.

And really, you miss that bloated piece of music-playing software? There's a reason my mudis player of choice for my computers is a portable install of Foobar.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You really DON'T need an application to manage your media. But if you feel you must, there's always DoubleTwist.

And really, you miss that bloated piece of music-playing software? There's a reason my mudis player of choice for my computers is a portable install of Foobar.

what r u talking about? I was referring to the itunes store, where user have access to a wide range of free podcasts to download directly to my ipod touch.

Is there an equivalend for android?

seriously.. this is 2010.. i know foobar is low on resorce hogging.. seriously.. but do you also run without a wallpaper because you feel that's hogging too much resource? why not run in 8bit color mode?

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
what r u talking about? I was referring to the itunes store, where user have access to a wide range of free podcasts to download directly to my ipod touch.

Is there an equivalend for android?

seriously.. this is 2010.. i know foobar is low on resorce hogging.. seriously.. but do you also run without a wallpaper because you feel that's hogging too much resource? why not run in 8bit color mode?

thanks for the laugh..

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
okay found my solution in Google Listen app. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully it wil have as much content as the itunes store.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
i personally will stay fare away from itunes. What i like about android is no pc connectivity. I use dogcatcher for all my podcast(video, audio and news). i have a cron job to open dogcatcher to download all my daily feeds at 6am. but you can leave dogcatcher on all day and download automatically. i like to use wifi when i can.

-easy to setup.
-not cheap for andoird 6$. i think it is worth it.
-no pc connectivty so anywhere outside of my home i get my updated podcast.

Dog catcher is great for pod cast where you know the subscription, no very good when finding new podcast.

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I still miss iTunes. I have a somewhat flexible shell script I wrote to sync all of my music. And while it was fun to write, I think iTunes is just easier. Plus it also does backup.

I think things will change soon with Android. The backup service is already there, so apps will start to use it more and more. Then maybe there will be the Google music service.

But for now, I miss iTunes. :)

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
itune, internet, and google? find the one you like and chrome to phone the rss.

looking for one app with catalogs of podcasts organized and searchable. So I guess such a thing does not exist for Android platform. UNtil then, iTune rules.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I still miss iTunes. I have a somewhat flexible shell script I wrote to sync all of my music. And while it was fun to write, I think iTunes is just easier. Plus it also does backup.

I think things will change soon with Android. The backup service is already there, so apps will start to use it more and more. Then maybe there will be the Google music service.

But for now, I miss iTunes. :)

If you still miss Itunes then continue to use it , the beauty of android is you can sync with your Itunes if you realy do wish too. Personaly I wouldnt waist my time or effort but each to there own....

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I use mypod. The free version you can subscribe to 6 podcast and set the interval to how often you want it to check for new podcast. It works well for me, may not be what your looking for.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I lil off topic. I dislike Itunes and Ipods. I am FORCED into liking my Ipod and Itunes only because auto manufacturers only integrate Ipods into their sound systems. Sure you can use any MP3 player, but then you lose your steering wheel and voice controls. Like I said I am being forced to like something that I dislike. Make any sense?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I lil off topic. I dislike Itunes and Ipods. I am FORCED into liking my Ipod and Itunes only because auto manufacturers only integrate Ipods into their sound systems. Sure you can use any MP3 player, but then you lose your steering wheel and voice controls. Like I said I am being forced to like something that I dislike. Make any sense?

I understand your point of view about the sound problem , what you don't know is not all stock sound systems support the iPod touch (i guess only the high-end cars only support iPod touch with full control from both steering wheel & the head unit) , unfortunately for me , I bought 16GB iPod touch 2 month after it was released back in 2007 (it was freakin expensive at the time) & now i can't use it in my car without the 3.5mm AUX cable (same case with my Moto MileStone) (& lose all the control) , imagine you wanna change the song while driving , its really dangerous , but still i love my iPod touch (even though its 1st generation)

as for iTunes , its my favorite app since i manage all my media through it (as a manner of fact I'm playing GTA IV soundtrack in iTunes right now)

Allot of people hates Itunes & iPhones because the syncing method , but "once you go iTunes , you can't go back" ... i even add Music to my MileStone through iTunes (simple drag & drop)

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
looking for one app with catalogs of podcasts organized and searchable. So I guess such a thing does not exist for Android platform. UNtil then, iTune rules.

Doesn't DoubleTwist do that? I know the Mac version can't yet subscribe to podcasts, I think the Windows version can... It can even sync them (not sure how much of the podcast sync depends on the Doubletwist for Android)

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried using doubleTwist, it's great if you just want to sync music to your phone, but for complete management of your media on your PC, it's hard to get away from iTunes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2