Blackberry style proximity sensor?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if the title is confusing, but I was wondering if there was an app that could mimic the Blackberry's ability to turn its screen off when you put it in a case. My mom is coming from a Blackberry and she wants her Epic to be themed like a Blackberry, so she can somewhat get used to it quicker. I have everything set up except for this one part. I don't know if it exists, but if someone could help me find an app that could do this, than I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for the help!

SpYd3r05

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It might be possible if you were to use a bb case... but if I remember correctly, it works via a magnet in the bb case... might be able to tap in to the compass hardware to detect it... But realistically i don't thing so...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's a magnet sleeper on the BB and if you rig something it will mess with the gps I believe so it's not worth it IMHO but it is a feature I REALLY miss from BB.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's a magnet sleeper on the BB and if you rig something it will mess with the gps I believe so it's not worth it IMHO but it is a feature I REALLY miss from BB.

Darn, oh well. I miss that feature the most from previous experiences with the Blackberry. Well thanks for the help anyways!