1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Quickpull

Is there an app available for android such as Quickpull is available for Blackberry? I loved that app.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDroid View Post
    Is there an app available for android such as Quickpull is available for Blackberry? I loved that app.
    What does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDroid View Post
    Why would you need it. Droid has the ability to power off unlike blackberry's. Also a battery pull sometimes has BAD effects on the Droid. Best to just power down. I have currently been up and running for 11 days, with no power down and never done a battery pull. I have had the phone since the morning of the release.

QuickPull is an app for Blackberry that SIMULATES a battery pull without physically pulling the battery out. Reset's application memory.

Not as experienced with the Droid yet, but I believe this is not necessary on it with programs like Advanced Task Killer.

Ya quickpull is basically removing your battery without taking the battery out. It resets your phone. This is very useful for the POS S1 but with the droid it is unnecessary. I have restarted my phone ONCE since i had it and that was because i was trying to fix my Gmail. Other then that i have not had to take the battery out or restart the phone at all. If needed just to shift+alt+del
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Fair enough... thanks

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

+3.^^^ my Droid and Eris both have been up since launch day and never had to pull battery for any reason. I just turn OFF the Eris while charging and put the Droid in Airplane Mode while charging.
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB

is it better to have them off or in airplane mode during charging??

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

I don't know about the Eris, but the Droid automatically comes on if off when you plug it in...that is why they are putting it in airplane mode.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

yeah i dont think you will need quickpull, ive had to pull my battery once since i got my droid the day it came out
    Pearl 8100 -> Curve 8320 -> storm 9530 -> DROID
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

It will take some time to get the blackberry out of you but once you do you will long forget the battery pull.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I don't know if the memory widget of eRay was intended for to simulate a battery pull, but that's the way it functions on mine....might wanna look into it.

The Advance Task Killer app renders quickpull useless and unnecessary.