Windows media player for droid

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

Reactions: metallica589

AdamG#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Can't help you with the Windows Media Player, but I do have a workaround for you.
On, your pc, create a free account at Moodio FM Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio
Still on your pc, add stations as favorites. Search for your Greek stations or add your own stations(See below)
Sign into the mobile website on your phone.

Using Moodio is very simple:

1. Create an account.
2. Add your favourite radio stations to your "My Stations" list.
3. Browse to m.moodio.fm on your mobile phone, log in and pick the radio station from your list that matches your mood. Try it now, it's free. Enjoy!

If your favorite stations are not already on the site, you can add them, Windows Media Player formats are ok. You just need to find the address of the stream to add it to Moodio.

When you go to the Moodio mobile website and login. you should be able to stream the stations fine. If it isn't working, check your mobile stream settings on Moodio, or you might need to download one of the free audio streaming apps from Android Market, like Stream Furious. Should work on its own, though.

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I hope someone makes your day as much as you have made mine :)

Having said that there are a couple of stations not recognized by moodio as streaming ones.

This link will play on my PC, but moodio won't recognize them as streaming radios

Net

jlturn

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I tried this system on my Eris with no success. I kept getting an error message stating: "Cannot play video. Unable to connect to server."

Anyone have a solution to this issue. I tried changing the bitrate lower and it didn't help.

Thanks.

CrazyJoe

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't help you with the Windows Media Player, but I do have a workaround for you.
Still on your pc, add stations as favorites. Search for your Greek stations or add your own stations(See below)

1. Create an account.
3. Browse to m.moodio.fm on your mobile phone, log in and pick the radio station from your list that matches your mood. Try it now, it's free. Enjoy!

If your favorite stations are not already on the site, you can add them, Windows Media Player formats are ok. You just need to find the address of the stream to add it to Moodio.

When you go to the Moodio mobile website and login. you should be able to stream the stations fine. If it isn't working, check your mobile stream settings on Moodio, or you might need to download one of the free audio streaming apps from Android Market, like Stream Furious. Should work on its own, though.

Works great on the Motorola Droid! Thank you for that information AdamG. For 2 months I've been looking for an app for this and it turns out I don't even need one. :cool:

delenca

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

1. Create an account.

Thanks so much AdamG. I spend 2 hours looking for a way to play a particular station on the Android (a Portuguese station for soccer commentary) and I finally found your post.

It works perfectly on the Droid. Awesome. Thanks so much!!
-Alex

vampire74

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be a pretty good solution. Only problem is that when it starts playing I cannot get it to run in the background. I have a motorola droid, and when I click on the link it automatically opens it in a "video" application, which I am not sure what it is. There is no menu or setting, and when the radio is playing, and I hit Home, it stops. Any suggestions? Maybe opening it with another app? But how? Thanks!!!

WILDBILL2000

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

I hope someone makes your day as much as you have made mine :)

Having said that there are a couple of stations not recognized by moodio as streaming ones.

This link will play on my PC, but moodio won't recognize them as streaming radios

Net

Geia sou Yianni!
LOL... I just googled "WMP for android" for the exact same website (eradio.gr).
The first result let me to this forum.
Which radio stations do you recomend for some nice zembekiko & tsifteteli?

I will try the moodio. THANKS!:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech