1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook App Clarification

I did some searching but I just want clarification and I know this is the place to get it

Facebook app on the market...does it or does it NOT migrate all your facebook contacts into your address book.

I am using a Droid X.

I don't like it when it does that, so before I install the market app I just want to make sure it does not do this.

Thanks!

ROM
    Stock Rooted

When you install it and set up your account you have the choice to sync your contacts or not. Hope I was helpful lol.
    -------------------------------------------------|SPRINT|--------------------------------------------------------------
    Red Samsung UpStage
    >Blackberry Pearl 8830>Samsung Moment>Samsung Epic 4G>
    ---------------------|VERIZON|---------------------------------------
    Motorola Droid Bionic>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>HTC Droid DNA
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

In the Facebook app itself, under Settings, you can choose to tell it to only Sync Existing Contacts. This is true even in the newest version.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks!

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by storm6610 View Post
    I did some searching but I just want clarification and I know this is the place to get it

Facebook app on the market...does it or does it NOT migrate all your facebook contacts into your address book.

I am using a Droid X.

I don't like it when it does that, so before I install the market app I just want to make sure it does not do this.

Thanks!
    Beware. While the other replies are correct that the FB apps allows you to choose the level of syncing, it doesn't work properly with the Droid X (at least on 2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by dgs2000 View Post
    Beware. While the other replies are correct that the FB apps allows you to choose the level of syncing, it doesn't work properly with the Droid X (at least on 2.1)
    It doesn't work in 2.2 (Droid 2), either. It adds a second "Facebook" icon to the account setup menu (the first is Motorola's version that adds them all without any choice), but it doesn't do anything.