1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Hangouts 2.0 problems

Just got the update this morning for Hangouts on my AT&T Galaxy S3, and I'm noticing some issues. First, notifications do not work at all on non 4.4 devices. No sound or icon for any incoming messages. Second, group text (MMS) show up as blank on any Android device not using Hangouts. They show up with content on iOS devices, but not on any Android devices using any SMS app other than Hangouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Hangouts 2.0 problems

Yeah... Hopefully, Google pushes out an update to address these issues very soon. Downloaded it for my Optimus G last night and while it's not horrible, they have a few things to fix before I'd consider switching over to Hangouts permanently. MMS in Hangouts doesn't work on my device, neither sending or receiving. Oh well.

For notifications, you need to go into System Settings>Application Manager>All>Hangouts and check the "Show Notifications" box. Yeah it seemed stupid to me, too.
    Last edited by PossumPete; 11-18-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

Any idea why Gifs would be posting improperly? It's hard to describe but when it posts, half the image gets chopped off and it jumps all over the place inside the little chat bubble.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

That box is already checked and notifications still aren't working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Anyone figure out how to integrate H2.0 w/ GV?

It also asked me to check off notifications with each contact under "People & Options". I had the same problem as you. It would work on my ipad but not on my phone. I checked the boxes in System Settings, in the app's settings, everywhere I could and it finally worked. You might have to reboot the phone if you haven't already. Nothing like a good reboot to set things straight!
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

I've had a problem where hangouts has been sending people 2x all my sms's. Has anyone else experienced this? A reset of my phone seems to have fixed this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Anyone having issues getting your conversations to sync to other devices? I have been using Hangouts for a week or so now on my DNA as my default and love it for the most part. I just cant get the conversations or my phones contact list to show up on my nexus 7. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it something I am doing wrong?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Can anyone offer any app ideas on a pop up/quick reply option for someone using hangouts as default messaging app, until they add hopefully add one in?

Currently trying sms pop up notifier, but with it I get 2 copies of every sms. What are you guys using, if something different? Any help is greatly appreciated!

S3 running 4.1.2

Posted via Android Central App