1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Question saw this app on a review/preview

I've been looking all over for this app because I want to know if it's available for all android phones. It was an app, which was accessed through the camera app I think. Anyways, you held it upright like you were going to take a picture, but instead, it had little icons on the screen, each one being a place of interest, and told you how far away you were. When you turned, it turned in realtime, showing you what was in that direction, etc.

I believe you are talking about LAYAR

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Quote Originally Posted by hw234 View Post
    I've been looking all over for this app because I want to know if it's available for all android phones. It was an app, which was accessed through the camera app I think. Anyways, you held it upright like you were going to take a picture, but instead, it had little icons on the screen, each one being a place of interest, and told you how far away you were. When you turned, it turned in realtime, showing you what was in that direction, etc.
    Layar, Google Goggles or Wikitude all have similar function and features.
    They are called Augmented Reality Apps.
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

yup, that's it, appreciate it

yelp too!

Quote Originally Posted by mchild View Post
    yelp too!
    Yep. Yelp does it too. Yelp rocks

In Yelp, the augmented reality feature is called Monocle.