Google Voice Lag post .26 update

zhodd

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Any else notice some pretty terrific lag with the newly updated GV since the .26 update? It seems the more you use it the worse it gets. What I have noticed is that if I open an SMS from GV via the notification bar - it actually opens another conversation - i.e - I am texting my fiance and after about 15 minutes when I actually use the back button out of the application I am backing out of the same identical conversations 6 or 7 times if not more. I think the lag is from GV having to update all of those identical windows (for lack of a better word).

I usually end up killing the app and restarting it and then it's fine - I don't use any of the new widgets or anything either.

Is there anywhere the older version of the GV app might be hiding until this mess gets resolved?

TPR7721

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have found that deleting conservations helps. I had a thread that was over 200 messages and GV took forever to load and would sometimes lag when trying to type a message. After I cleared the messages GV got much quicker.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
On top of the lag, I've also noticed that I can't seem to send new sms messages. I can only reply to the ones in my inbox. I tried to send one yesterday, but it wouldn't allow me to enter anything in the phone number spot. Very frustrating. Droid Incredible

zhodd

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Clearing some large threads helps- but the lag behavior still happens - just not nearly as bad. Not sure what they changed with the new version

zhodd

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching around for an older apk but I don't have one. Anyone have a GV apk prior to 0.4.1.19 - basically pre widget nonsense

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol