[APP] Intelli3G - 2G/3G Toggle and battery saver for stock android
** This app will only work on ROOTED Stock Android 4.1+ or AOSP ROMS **
** Xposed framework is required [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] **
** Nexus 4 is only device supported as of now **
Intelli3G will intelligently manage your 3G connection and prevent your phone from losing battery when you are not using it. Intelli3G will put your phone on 2G network when it is your pocket. It will not disable your data like most other apps. You will still get all your notifications with minimal battery drain.
- Manual 2G/3G toggle.
- Option to use GSM Auto mode for 3G which is more battery friendly than the default WCDMA preferred mode.
- 3G only mode, for those times when you need bandwidth immediately.
- A lightweight service to disable switch to 2G when you are not using your device.
- Delay switch to 2G if a download is active.
- Option to disable service on call or WiFi.
I observed the below facts about the Nexus 4:
- On 3G idle, you lose around 3-4% battery per hour depending on your 3G network strength.
- On 2G idle, you will lose less than 1% per hour.
I realized that I was constantly disabling 3G to get through the day. Then, I wrote this app to replace all the manual toggling to conserve battery.
If you have had the following problems on your Nexus 4, do try this app
- You lose a significant amount of battery charge overnight.
- You see msm_hsic_host wakelock (related to 3G radio) eating away most of your battery.
- You get less than 3 hours screen on time on a full charge.
Intelli3G is still in development, your suggestions are welcome. Send out a mail to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Intelli3G Xposed module and reboot
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Re: [APP] Intelli3G - 2G/3G Toggle and battery saver for stock android
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Been a while since I looked at my modules in Xposed.