HELP!!! Dialing a sting of numbers (conference calls)

spencer500

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am moving to the Android world from the Blackberry. I bought a Fascinate. So far, I really like it. One of the items which I use often on the blackberry, but cannot figure out how to do on the Android in to link numbers together so that they are able to be touched and called.

For example, I do a lot of work over conference calls. I have a conference call line that is 1-800-555-1212 with a passcode of 12345. On my blackberry, I would enter them like this: 18005551212,12345. As a result, I could simply click on the number and the phone would replace the comma with a pause and then automatically enter the "12345" passcode.

Can that be done on the Fascinate (or any Android phone)? I cannot figure out how.

HELP!!!!

geoffd

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can create a contact called conference call and put 18005551212,12345# as the number and that should work, but I don't think you can have 18005551212,12345 in an email or appt and have Android dial it with the passcode when you click it

Reactions: Stormicats

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That is how it works. Just add a comma to pause.
On my phone there is a key that says pause that adds a comma.

You may need a few comma's to add more pause but it should work. I do this with my voice mail at work. I just use a few commas so it waits until it gets through some voice prompts before it sends the numbers.

Mine is formatted like 11234567890,,,,1234,123456
That send the phone number, waits 4 seconds (it is offering options at that point that I don't use), sends the extension, waits a sec then sends the password. Works great for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormicats

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have done this to dial my wife. I heard that each comma represents 1 second. I had to put 3-4 commas after the number, then press 1 a few commas then her extension. It works like a charm.

I had to mess with it by putting a comma or two, calling to see result, then adding more commas and calling again to make sure I had enough pause in there. It took 3 calls to make sure I had it correct (only because first time doing this thing)

spencer500

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am good with what everyone has described. My question is how do I put these numbers into my calendar. I may not be able to. I am often invited to conference calls with different numbers be other people, so placing them into my address book is not really an option.

The Blackberry is really nice in that anywhere it sees a number, if it all grouped together, it is "dialable". It does not look like I can do that with the Android OS.

ksmitchell#AC

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if there is a way to do this as a calendar entry as well. Or a third party calendar that does this. I think that is one of the only things I miss about my old blackberry.