This is my first game, it's basically (yet another) Sid Meiers classic Pirates remake.
Key difference is 3D engine and MMO element and whole world as a playing arena, with different 11 empires as guilds.
It's published in last few weeks, this moment has 2700+ online players already.
- It was built only by one person, with virtually no budget at all.
- It took me almost 3 years (3 months would be enough without day job, kids or life.
- Mainly free or open source tools were used (VS2010 Express C++, Blender, Gimp,...)
- Server side is Ubuntu + NodeJS + RedisDB on cheap VPS.
- It's built with Marmalade SDK which deploys on anything really.
You can find video, more screenshots and description in store link:
Dev blog is at
Hope you like, if you have any questions fire away!
Welcome to the forums.
Congratulations on your first game.
Hope it does well in Play.
Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3 When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu Community Guidelines and also here
Thanks! I am actually pleased with download stats. It's my first publication and I didn't really know what to expect. Grades seem ok, and ther is plenty of installs (3200+) and also quite a few of them were actually paid for.
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project
and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License. AndroidCentral is an independent site
that is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google.