Astro File Manager - Reinstall Apps Problems

RoyHobbs

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I backed up all of my apps last week on my NON-ROOTED HTC Aria. Just to cover my butt - that is why someone backs things up, right?

I downloaded the Beta2 version of Angry Birds. Didn't work for me. It just quits right after I start it up.

I thought "No problem. I will ditch the Beta2 and go back to Beta1".

I try to reinstall Angry Birds Beta1 out of Astro File Manager and get this message:

Install Blocked
For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market.

I tried to reinstall other backed up apps and keep getting the same message.

All of my apps HAVE to sourced in Android Market. I haven't sideloaded anything. What's the deal? And what is the point of backing apps up if I can't reinstall them?

Can someone please help?

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings->Applications and select the check mark next to Unknown sources. This should let you install applications not downloaded from the Market.

RoyHobbs

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings->Applications and select the check mark next to Unknown sources. This should let you install applications not downloaded from the Market.

This option is not available on the Aria.

The most frustrating thing is the fact that this is an app that I backed up and now I am trying to reinstall.

It isn't something that I am trying to sideload.

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As far as the phone is concerned you are trying to sideload it.
Just move it off the phone and use the sideload wonder machine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta