1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Similar to Smart Actions

Had a Droid Razr Maxx and used Smart Actions quit often. One of the ways that I used was when I was connected to home WiFi vibrate would kick in and sound would be off. All of my vibrate patterns were in effect for specific contacts. Now I have a Droid Maxx and Smart Actions is no longer available for this phone. Tried using Llama and they do have a trigger for vibrate when using specific WiFi but they give you vibrate patterns to us which defeats the purpose of having specific vibrate patterns for contacts. Does anyone now of an app similar to Smart Actions that can automatically switch phone to vibrate using my contact vibrate patterns when using a specific WiFi? I have installed Tasker but am having a hard time using it.

Default Re: Similar to Smart Actions

I was going to suggest Tasker but you're ahead of me. But all I can say is, stick with it. Once you get your head around it, the possibilities are endless! I have so many useful profiles setup, my phone automates an amazing number of tasks each day, based on Wifi connection, bluetooth connection, time of day etc. It really is an excellent app. I'm rooted using cyanogenmod 11 which allows profiles on my Nexus 5, so it makes it even more flexible. But even without root, I'm sure you can achieve what you're after with Tasker. Their wiki is very useful for sample profiles and tasks.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Re: Similar to Smart Actions

Thanks. Will give Tasker another try.