1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default Official Twitter App "updated". Sucks

New update hit the market and they have removed all of the pleasant animations and added... nothing! Release notes mention improved re-tweeting but I don't see it. Still buggy when getting location for tweets (50-50 as to whether it will detect your location). Very disappointed

Default Re: Official Twitter App "updated". Sucks

Lol yeah they did and added trends. You can finally see who's following you and who your following like really that should of been day one. Maybe there's some stuff I missed but meg.

Sent from my HTC Incredible
    HTC Droid Incredible>.> HTC Thunderbolt>.> HTC Rezound

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant_1 View Post
    Lol yeah they did and added trends. You can finally see who's following you and who your following like really that should of been day one.
    You could do all that with the old version too

ROM
    None

Official Twitter has been able to do that since day one.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

I stopped using the Twitter app and went back to Twydroyd Pro so much better especially for the fact that you can comment on the retweets which I missed.

I just switched over to Twidroid yesterday so this downgrade of the official twitter app comes at a good time.

There has to be a reason for this right? Did they just want it to run smoother on lower end devices?

I've always thought the one feature that should be standard would be the "remember my place" option. I know tweetcaster, twitroyd, etc have it. I'm very surprised the stock twitter app doesn't have it...

Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    I've always thought the one feature that should be standard would be the "remember my place" option. I know tweetcaster, twitroyd, etc have it. I'm very surprised the stock twitter app doesn't have it...
    I have always felt they wanted it to be as much like the web as possible. reading out of order bugs the pants off me.

The new update was to bring things to be more "uniform" I personally like the animations better (which you had the option to disable)

ROM
    None

I found the animations annoying and unnecessary. Reminded me of all the gratuitous dancing .gifs amateur web jockeys would tastelessly toss onto their myspace pages. Judging by their decision to scrap them, I imagine I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2