[Request] Chrome to phone-like app for finding phone

swefse

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all!

Is there any way to make a Chrome extension which, when clicked, would launch an app on the phone that would vibrate the phone and play a sound file at the loudest volume, so I can find it?

That would be a great app for those times when you need to go but just can't find your phone even though you know it is somewhere in the home. With just the press of a button you could hear (or feel, if it's very close to you) where it is! No need to use another phone to call yours or run around the apartment getting all tired and angry!

Personally I would have used it like a thousand times since I came up with the idea, but I don't know Android programming or HTML (for the extension) so I can't create it myself. But I'd be very glad if someone made it for me :)

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Lookout out is the way to go. Besides finding your phone (via GPS or screamer mode) provides security scans and data back up.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I think he's looking for something with a browser click, LIKE Chrome to phone. I think a person is more likely to have a computer nearby than another phone. Sometimes you don't want to have to go to a website, sign in, etc.
Just one click find a phone from your browser, sounds simple enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton