Newest Evo Swype beta issues

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the new beta less accurate for anyone else, or am I just imagining things?

It just seems like I spend more time trying to correct words that it would take for me to just type them out. I'll even try 50/50 words two or three times trying to be extra careful and it still would pick the wrong word each time. It seemed with the first beta I could be really sloppy and it would still get the word I wanted the majority of the time.

Maybe I'll try Swiftkey since it's out of beta.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
YES...... Its a lot less accurate to me. This go around with the beta makes me a little irritated with the correcting.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
how the heck can you hide the keyboard?
If I pull it up, then decide to read something again, I cannot hide it like you can with the default keyboard. Am I missing something?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was just me! Interesting that so many people are noting a decrease in accuracy. I've been annoyed enough by that that I downloaded Swiftkey tonight while it was still on sale. But I've noticed a significantly higher frustration level when I used Swype the past few weeks.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
One thing to try that helped me some was to move the bar in the settings from Speed to Accuracy. That did seem to help some. But, its still no where near what it used to be before the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol