System Info Widget Feature Requests

Jason Calhoun

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Post your feature requests or suggestions for System Info Widget in this thread

[10-24-10]

I am currently working on the following features to be included in near future updates:

Remove debug info from logcat
Reload SD card
Reboot device into recovery/bootloader (root only)
GPS On/Off

Last edited:

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want a simple toggle that no one does, then toggle screen brightness control between a set value and the brightness sensor. It's useful for those who are outside then inside and visa versa.

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
As the power of these increase people may wantb better color fidelity.
Since these displays seem to alter color as screen brightness alters, then why not add a multi stage brightness ladder to a RGB slider. You could trigger activation from background mode by a change in display brightness.. so screen brightness ranges of 0-50-100-150-200-255 would each have their own RGB screen calibration settings. Good luck with your widget.

k1mgy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Control Shortcuts

New customer.

After figuring out how to change default widgets to control shortcuts (4G, Wireless, Bluetooth, etc), tried a few.

General Observations:

State of item (eg 4G) is unclear. Text above icon says "ON", but in case of 4G it means radio ON - yet in my area there's no 4G service.

Suggest that these icons change shade depending upon status.
Status OFF: shade = faded Text= OFF
Status PRESSED: shade = brighter Text = WAITING
Status ACTIVATED: shade = brightest Text = ON

The main issue I have is that when pressing a button I have no feedback to indicate that the request is in work. Therefore I press it repeatedly (dumb user) as I am impatient. This just apparently cycles the commands and as I have not been paying attention I have no idea what state it's in.

The 4G is a good example as it takes 30 seconds or so to get lock. And if you don't, the radio is on and wasting power. So good to know that it's "in work", then user can decide to give up and press button for off.

Same for wireless, but delay is sometimes less. Still if no WWAN available it will just sit there dumb fat and happy saying ON when there's nothing connected.

Hope this description helps.

jdmkun

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Feature suggestions

Great App! It would be great to have a toggle for brightness (high, med, low) to help save battery. Also, since you are limited to only 5 toggles, if one of the toggles could take you to an info screen showing battery life, memory available, etc, that would be fantastic). That way I wouldn't have to use so many of my toggle icons for information. I could lump them into one.