Can't find decent Netflix app.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Even the palm pre in its infancy had a couple of great netflix apps. Not looking for streaming, just want something that looks nice, allows me to manage my queues AND specifies if a movie is available in blue-ray or just DVD. Any apps exist? Thanks.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Try Flixster before queue man. I had both and Flixster beats the brakes off man.

I have Flixster for looking at current movies in theaters, but for some reason I never use it for Netflix. I think it's because it annoys me that I can't search while I'm in the Netflix tab, but instead have to back out to find the "movies I want to watch" button.... QueueMan is just easy to navigate. Plus I like the recommendations page, that can filter instant movies only.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use a combination of both Flixster and QueueMan. Here's my breakdown:

QueueMan:
  • It's definitely faster at loading the queue than Flixster is.
  • It does allow you to search the Netflix catalog.
  • In order to re-arrange the queue, you need to long press, then choose move to top/bottom/up/down.
  • Can rate movies just like on the Netflix site (however, these don't get pushed to Facebook like it does on the site, nor can you write a review...features I use)
  • Shows recommendations.
  • No new releases list

Flixster
  • A bit slower at loading the queue than QueueMan is (not much, but noticeable to me)
  • You can "drag and drop" the titles, which beats out QueueMan since you can easily move a title up or down 2 or 3 slots: In QueueMan you'd have to long-press 2 or 3 times to do that.
  • Has ability to view the new and upcoming DVD releases, current and upcoming box office movies, and allows you to add them to your queue. QueueMan has nothing to let you know what's new or what's coming out.

Neither will allow you to view multiple profiles: I'm on the 3 at a time plan, but have 2 profiles set up: I get 2 discs from my profile, and 1 from my wife's. Both Flixster and QueueMan only show discs from my (the primary) profile.

Outside of Netflix, Flixster offers a lot, such as reviews, trailers, cast lists, showtimes, buy tickets, etc.

All-in-all, Flixster offers a LOT more functionality, but is lacking the ability for Netflix recommendations, catalog search, and rating movies (you can rate movies, but they are "Flixster ratings" and not tied to the Netflix ratings).

So really, I tend to use Flixster for everything, unless I need to search the actual catalog, in which case I use QueueMan.

Hope that helps breaks down the differences.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No streaming app. Supposedly it's coming though. iPhone version was released last month, and the Android version is in development.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah my friend has the iPhone and likes the app, and i'm rather impatient to get it.
when it is released--i can almost guarantee you the server will be racked with so much traffic it's near impossible to grab.
and then, if only Evo's were hacked to allow on-screen to show through HDMI out like the Droids from DroidGuy.
i'll kep dreaming, though.
thanks

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah my friend has the iPhone and likes the app, and i'm rather impatient to get it.
when it is released--i can almost guarantee you the server will be racked with so much traffic it's near impossible to grab.
and then, if only Evo's were hacked to allow on-screen to show through HDMI out like the Droids from DroidGuy.
i'll kep dreaming, though.
thanks

it will probably be wifi only

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s