Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Contest: Blue Planet Apps RoboPrint Giveaway

Android Central, in partnership with , is giving away 10 licenses to for Android -- an application that lets you print to any printer, anywhere, at anytime.

Introduction:

Printing is an important necessity these days. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to print something from your phone to your office printer, or home printer. Some applications let you print to a WiFi enabled printer, others to a network printer. RoboPrint is the first Android application to let you print to any printer, anywhere, at anytime. Not just one printer, you can have a profile for your home printer, your office printer, your friends printer, your secretaries printer... any printer, anywhere in the world, as long as it is reachable on the internet. RoboPrint provides you with a free Windows host application that you install on a computer attached to your printer (either directly or via a share), and from that Host RoboPrint will connect to the Android application and printing can begin. You can install the host program on as many computers as you want. We are developing the host application for OSX as well.
    Features:

• Print Gmail, AOL Mail, Yahoo Mail, PDF, Images
    • Print to any printer connected to the Windows Host Application
    • Print from any Android phone on any data connection WiFi/3g/4g
    • Multiple Host Profiles
    • Supported document types:
      • PDF,
      • DOC, DOCX,
      • XLS, XLSX,
      • PPT, PPTX,
      • TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG,
      • TXT,
      • HTML

• Support: DynDNS, uPnP, Local Network Discovery Protocol (LND)
    The contest rules are simple:

• Download the .
    • Download RoboPrint from the Android Market and use the 3-day trial.
    • Post an unbiased comment on the Android Marketplace with your Android Central user name in parenthesis at the end. Example: Whoa I really enjoyed RoboPrint (cstreater)
    • Come back and reply to this thread, letting us know you've entered!

The contest ends a week from today (Sunday Oct 3rd), and the winners are chosen by the folks at Blue Planet Apps, based on the usefulness of the Market feedback (good or bad). They'll forward the list of winners to us, and we'll announce them shortly thereafter.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.0.4 ICE baby!

Default Looks good. Too bad it force quits whenever I print.

The program looks nice and looks to be very useful. It saw a few different printers I set up but whenever I tried to print any of the options to any of the printers, I got a force quit error. I'd still love to have a copy for when you have fixes.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Just entered...Works good on EVO.

I get FC whenever I try to print. Is this supposed to be used on wifi printers only? Sure seems like it... I tried printing on a local computer as well as a network printer. Force Close everytime

Just entered... Lookin forward to it on the D2

Nice. Perfect app.

So, even though it says WiFi printing you still need a running computer attached to the printer for this to work, correct? This seems a little misleading. I just want to be able to print directly to my WiFi printer without turning on my PC or leaving it running constantly, you know trying to be a little green. I know there is another app that does this but it does not support my WiFi printer.
    Thanked by:

I would love this app! I really really would!

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Works well on my wifi printer, no complaints. Entered in the contest

Would love to have this app. As a teacher using a work laptop, I don't have a lot of print options. I could easily use this application to prnt documents from my phone.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

entered

This app sounds great... I hope I win one

I would really love to have this app would make my work life and home life a better place to be.

Awsome. .... I hope I win one

Default Sign me up

I want to try it out!!!!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

For those of you who have tried it, and are experiencing FC issues, there is a sub forum in the apps forum for Blue Planet Apps. I would encourage you to report these issues to the developer, who is responsible for fielding questions in their forum.

When are developers going to discover the standard IPP protocol, cups, JetDirect/TCP/Socket, etc, and stop with this silly necessity to install a windows application to support a linux phone?

That's just Wrong on so many levels.

No thanks.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

This app is amazing and the only problem I had was understanding how to set up the printer in the begining but after initail set up, it is an amazing app with so many useful features for my everyday use. I used this on my Evo 4G. Just posted in the comments

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Printing from my phone would be impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by davidcox6 View Post
    The program looks nice and looks to be very useful. It saw a few different printers I set up but whenever I tried to print any of the options to any of the printers, I got a force quit error. I'd still love to have a copy for when you have fixes.
    David,

I would love to help you fix this problem. Can you send a support ticket to ?

Just let us know exactly how you have it setup and what you were doing.

Thanks,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    When are developers going to discover the standard IPP protocol, cups, JetDirect/TCP/Socket, etc, and stop with this silly necessity to install a windows application to support a linux phone?

That's just Wrong on so many levels.

No thanks.
    Your right! We are in the process of adding these features now, as well as Bluetooth and direct WiFi printing. It was just a matter of being able to easily support as many printers as possible, using as many formats, without having to make a bloated Android client. But your correct, and its coming to an Android near you soon.

-Jason

Default Print Print Print

would love to win this

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Entered, very cool!

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Entered. Looks like a great app. Takes a little to set up, but well worth the effort!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I have downloaded this to my DoridX, and windows,tested credentials but it fails to install and to verify log-in...hard to test a product that you can's use. On top of that you have to set up the printer and email? Uninstalled...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast