Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google calendar issues

So i recently wiped the phone clean and am now having issues with the default calendar app (please dont suggest to use anything as this is the only one i prefer, i have tried others but i like the intuitiveness of this app) first of all, it didnt/doesnt/wont sync anything i had previously, thats fine, im over that part already.

whats really bugging me the most is that now when i click on any day, it goes to this stupid *** agenda screen, when before it would take me to the event screen to create an event for the day i clicked on. i looked through the settings (theres not a single thing in there, those who use this know it has very limited selections)

so does anyone know to revert back to what i want?

Default Re: Google calendar issues

What device are you using, and what version of Android does it run?

On my Nexus 5, if I long-press a date in the Month view, I get a pop-up to create a new event.
    Thanked by:
    shaytoon21 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Moto x 4.4.2 stock. I did the long press as you suggested that's nice too

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

gosh this was so so stupid, i figured out.

after the hard reset, the main google calendar app went away as well (while i was under the impression its a default app like messaging, chrome, etc) so i decided to try and find a diff app and saw the google calendar app was the first choice, i clicked it and installed it....and everythings back to normal. that was nonsense.

Sometimes a device's default Calendar app will be closely based on Google Calendar, but not exactly the same as Google Calendar. This was the case on my Droid Razr Maxx (also from Motorola). That may be what you experienced, although it's a little surprising, considering that the Moto X was made when Moto was part of Google.