Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default YouTube App not hiding notification bar

YouTube App not hiding notification bar-screenshot_2014-03-20-08-16-05.png
    Hi,

I'm having an issue when watching videos in full screen with the YouTube app. Sometimes, videos don't go to true full screen. The notification bar and navigation buttons change to a low-profile mode (only battery displayed on the bar, and small dots in place of the back, home and multitasking buttons), but never leave the screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting my phone, but the problem still happens. I have no idea if the problem is with the OS or the app, but it only happens some of the time.

Device: Nexus 5

EDIT: I think the 'dots' I described are actually backlights and not something on the screen. Still, they usually turn off in full screen.
    Last edited by Lomonocrat; 03-19-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Default Re: YouTube App not hiding notification bar

Welcome to Android Central! I recently saw another thread about this issue--check it out, and see if it answers your question: Moto G: YouTube full screen
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: YouTube App not hiding notification bar

Thank you! The problem was indeed the same, but the solution wasn't. I posted in that thread anyway, hoping I was missing something. Fingers crossed!