Rainbow - Sync your data between cloud like services

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,
I am pleased to announce the release of Rainbow 1.0. Here is a brief description of this application:

The Rainbow application is a powerful tool to transfer (copy or delete) data from one cloud service to another, in three simple steps:
1) Select the source service.
2) Select the files that you want to transfer, and
3) Select the target service.

Rainbow supports the following five cloud services:
- Bitcasa
- Box
- Pogoplug
- OneDrive (old SkyDrive)
- Sugar Sync

Rainbow is free of charge, it runs on Android 2.3 and higher and you may download it from the Google Play

If you would like to learn a few things about this application, and see some screenshots, please visit the page Rainbow

For those of you who own a Kindle device you can download it from Amazon site.

I am looking forward to your comments/ suggestions

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.2 is out. This version supports the Google Drive cloud service, and minor bugs are fixed

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

Apparently there was a bug in the Onedrive login page. We released version 1.2.1 which fixes that bug

It should be available for download in the next couple of hours.

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

In the next couple of hours version 1.3 will be available for download.

This version fixes the following issues:

1) Save the credentials from the Dropbox account
2) Upload files to Google Drive account
3) Create multi-accounts in Google Drive service

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to report that version 1.3.5 is available for download.

I decided to have this release because many users have requested to transfer files in the background. While the files are transferred you can browse the cloud service or transfer some more files or even switch to another application. Once the process is over you will receive a notification.

I identified a problem with the Bitcasa service, and I will contact their support team to find a solution. Because of this problem you can not delete files from the Bitcasa service.

Finally, because the code to transfer files was re-written, I temporally disabled the access to your local filesystem.

The new version needs fewer permissions than the previous one. I decided to remove the permission "ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION".

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.4 will soon be available for download.

As is was expected this version supports three new and anticipated features:

- Rename files
- Create folders
- Copy and delete folders (the entire process runs in the background).

I would like to stress here that Rainbow will try to copy or delete all the contents of a folder (and the same applies to its subfolders). Therefore, you should be extremely cautious when you delete a folder.
If something goes wrong you will see an error message.

Finally, you can not delete folders on the Bitcasa service.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

As you already know, the Rainbow app transfers files and folders in the background. Because of that, you will receive a notification when the process is over. That notification informs you if everything went OK or if there was a problem with a file / folder. If you do not receive that notification then definitely something went wrong. Still, you need to wait some time for this notification to appear.

In the case of working with folders, even though everything could be OK and all files / folders are transferred, it is wise to double check on them, before you delete a folder. Once again, be extremely cautious when you delete a folder

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.4.2 will soon be available for download!!

New features:
- Supports the MediaFire cloud service
- Fixes a bug in the Pogoplug login screen

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.5 is available for download.

New features:

- Supports the Copy cloud service
- in-app purchase to remove ads
- A new UI ....

I need to say here that the new UI is not completed yet, but I am really looking forward to your comments

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.6 is already available for download, and version 1.6.1 will soon be.

In these two versions you can view image files, pdf files, listen to mp3 files and watch movie files within the app. This is in beta stage, but it should work well with most files. In version 1.6.1 I added buttons to zoom in and out when you read a pdf file

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.7.1 is out

New features:

- Passcode protect the application
- Access your local files
- Create local files with the same filename
- Handle all external files (and email attachments) and either save them locally or transfer them to an account
- A powerful search engine to search for a file/folder in all connected accounts
- If it is enabled, simultaneously transfer files from many accounts to your selected folder (50% off)

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to report that version 1.8 is ready for download

New features:
- Supports two new services: pCloud and ShareFile
- Open/View all files with external apps

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.0 is ready for download

With this version you can share your files with a link!!

Currently, you can share files from the following cloud services:
- Dropbox
- MediaFire,
- Sugarsync,

and you can share those files for 4 hours.

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.0.2 is available for download. This version partially supports the MEGA cloud service, which means that you can list your files, download, and delete them

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.1 is ready for download. This version supports the MEGA cloud service. You need to recreate the MEGA account, if you are updating from the previous version.

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.2 is ready for download.

With this version you can share files from the following cloud services for up to 11 days!!
- Box
- Dropbox,
- Google Drive
- Pogoplug, and
- SugarSync

Also, you can see all the files that you have in your Pogoplug account

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,
I am pleased to inform you that version 2.3 is ready for download.

With this version you can backup a folder from any account to any account. In order to preserve battery, the backup will start when you open the application.

Thank you

Vas77

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,
I am pleased to inform you that version 2.4 is ready for download.

With this version you can sync folders from any account to any account. In order to preserve battery, the sync process will start when you open the application.

Thank you

Vasilis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.7 is out:

• Create a FREE Rainbow account and share files with a total size of 300MB. Upgrade this account to share files with a total size of 10GB
  • Updated the code for personal Onedrive cloud service. You need to re-authenticate your personal Onedrive account(s)

Also, the name of the app is changed to Rainbow - Best cloud storage app

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith