movies from iphone transferred over and in File Manager, can i move???

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
when i transferred all my old videos of my kids from iphone to my HTC One M8, i downloaded File Manager and i can see the video folder there and play them from there but how do i move them into my Gallery where all the videos i take with my new Android are sitting???? i would like all old and current videos in one place.. HELP???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Videos in any location on your device should show up in the Gallery app, after the system's Media Scanner has detected them. You're not seeing them?

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
only the videos i took with the phone itself. the videos i tranferred over i can only see and play from the file manager in the movies folder?
Videos in any location on your device should show up in the Gallery app, after the system's Media Scanner has detected them. You're not seeing them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try using the file manager app to move one of those videos to the /DCIM/Camera folder, then see if it shows up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which file manager app did you install? You only described it as "File Manager." There are a lot of them available on Google Play, including ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager, and Total Commander, among others.

To move a file, just use the file manager app to find the file you want to move, select it and select the move option, then select the target directory as the /DCIM/Camera folder.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
File Manager explorer
Which file manager app did you install? You only described it as "File Manager." There are a lot of them available on Google Play, including ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager, and Total Commander, among others.

To move a file, just use the file manager app to find the file you want to move, select it and select the move option, then select the target directory as the /DCIM/Camera folder.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
i see the folder "movies".. if i click on it it shows the 14 videos i transferred to this phone. if i long press some of options that pop up are open,copy,move... if i click on move, then what? i go into the dcim folder and long press but get same options??? if i hit move nothing happens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tested it out on my phone. Long press the file you want to copy or move, and select that option. You should then see a "Paste" option appear on the top row of icons. Navigate to the folder you want to copy or move the file to, and then tap Paste.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
NO LUCK?? I did this, moved to DCIM FOLDER into 100MEDIA that my other 4 videos are in that i took with the phone itself, but when i open up my gallery those new videos are not there to see???
Ok, I tested it out on my phone. Long press the file you want to copy or move, and select that option. You should then see a "Paste" option appear on the top row of icons. Navigate to the folder you want to copy or move the file to, and then tap Paste.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the data from the Gallery app. Go to Settings/Apps/All, select Gallery, and tap Clear Data. This will clear the database, and force Gallery to repopulate. Maybe it will recognize the videos then.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I wont lose existing photos will i if i do that??
try clearing the data from the gallery app. Go to settings/apps/all, select gallery, and tap clear data. This will clear the database, and force gallery to repopulate. Maybe it will recognize the videos then.

Posted via android central app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, the photos themselves are separate files. Clearing the data only clears the Gallery database, which will then repopulate when you open it again.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Did this.... No luck still dont show in gallery???
no, the photos themselves are separate files. Clearing the data only clears the gallery database, which will then repopulate when you open it again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What format are the old videos in? Are they .mov? I can't remember if the Apple format is natively compatible. You could try using a video converter and converting the old iPhone videos into mp4.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
That must be it... They are in .mov format.. Should i go to app store and download an app converter?
what format are the old videos in? Are they .mov? I can't remember if the apple format is natively compatible. You could try using a video converter and converting the old iphone videos into mp4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12