Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Default translator apps that don't require internet

ARe there any translator apps that don't require internet, ie: ones that you can use off line. mostly I'm looking for portuguese to english

I use google translator app....from the market...but I don't know if it uses internet

I don't think you can get an actual translator app for a phone that doesn't use an online resource because it would be incredibly huge and impractical.

The best you can do is find a Portuguese/English dictionary app, but all that will give you is equivalent words so you'll still need to know quite a bit about the language if you plan on speaking or writing it.

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

There are a few apps out there that have offline databases for common words and phrases, but you'll want to look for language specific ones and test them in Airplane Mode before trusting them. Anything that claims to do a huge number of languages or full sentence translation probably just uses an online translation service (probably Google's). Sorry, I don't know any for Portuguese that I can point you towards.
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)