1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default eReader with PDF support

I know there Adobe Reader and PDF Viewer on Android but is there a eReader that supports PDFs? I prefer the full page view mode and page turning functions of eReaders (i.e., flick to turn page).

Aldiko does non-DRM.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I tied Aldico, I don't see it handling PDFs.

I just tried ezPDF Reader, that basically does this though it is a bit rough and costs a buck. Not full-full screen though.

Default Re: eReader with PDF support

I may recommend Kvisoft flip book maker to you. It is a kind of easy-to-use software to create flash page turning flip books from PDFs, the pages of the book can be vividly flipped just as turning over pages of a realistic one. And they are well-designed and looking beautiful.

More info:
    Enjoy everyday!

The Kindle eReader also reads PDF files. You can't search for them from within the app though. If you want to use the Kindle app as a PDF reader you need to save the files in the /mnt/sdcard/kindle directory. Or you can choose to Open a PDF file itself and the popup list of options to use will include the Kindle app.

Quote Originally Posted by cadzilla74 View Post
    The Kindle eReader also reads PDF files. You can't search for them from within the app though. If you want to use the Kindle app as a PDF reader you need to save the files in the /mnt/sdcard/kindle directory. Or you can choose to Open a PDF file itself and the popup list of options to use will include the Kindle app.
    You can also use Amazon's "Send to Kindle" feature which will let you either:
    • email a file (even if it's an Office file) to a personalized Kindle email address
    • install the application on your PC, then you just right click on a file and choose "Send to Kindle."

It then appears in your Kindle Library just like any other book you bought and gets synced to all your Kindle devices. It does take a few minutes for them to convert the file to PDF though before it gets pushed down. More info here: Amazon.com Help: Kindle Personal Documents Service

I find that's the simplest, and of course I wouldn't use it for sensitive documents, but it's a quick way to get them over to my Kindle app. The nice thing about it is then I have them on every Kindle device, since they become part of your Kindle Library (so I can view them on my phone, PC, iPad, etc...)