Sports App with in game notifcations (And Maybe Widget)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a sports application that will push notifications to the phone (like for example: mail, facebook, sms, etc) during games when goals are scored etc?

Google Score Board does it; but, I don't like the application. When the phone reboots it looses favorites and I have to re open the application and reload everything.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I know I can get text alerts from at least one sport I wanted. I wanted an app to do it so I could change the notification ringtone.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just use the ESPN Scorecenter widget but it's not the best... I found that I had to manually open the app and close it again to refresh the widget with the score. Livescores was good for notifications (in the notification bar) but I didn't like the interface.

Reactions: jcl_cls01

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sports tap looked good. I didn't like that it had 3 different services running though. Also everything I find: when the application is opened and then closed it will end the servicein the background and it needs to be restarted.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i honestly have not found that i like. i am just getting mobile alerts from espn until someone makes an awesome sports app that can do it all

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use sportactular -live scores only for the notifications but for some odd reason they dont want use to hear them. Why they can't add a notification sound is beyond me. They do work pretty well but you have to put them on vibrate otherwise your left looking for the led light to blink.

For all out updates and info i use ESPN app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy