Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remotely set wake-up alarm?

My 80 year old mom cannot seem to deal with a normal alarm clock (the AM/PM, and the dexterity to hold the alarm and navigate the hour/minute).

She has a galaxy S3 (running BIG launcher), and I also got her an iPad.

Is there a way for particular important events I can remotely set a wake-up alarm?

I do use Wakerupper - The Web's Easiest Telephone Reminder for free wake up calls, but I'd like to have a plan-b backup.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions,
    Mike

Default Re: Remotely set wake-up alarm?

Will she allow you to login to her Google account? Because then you could just add an event in her Google Calendar, and set a notification/reminder.

Another option would be to have her share her main Google Calendar with you. I think you could then enter events into her Calendar without having to log into her Google Account, but I'm not totally sure about that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I do have access to her google account, and a calendar item would be fine.

I guess my question is how to make it more than a beep? Ideally, I'd want it to repeat-ring/notify to ensure that she hears it.

And, if the volume is down, I'd want it to set to max volume.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know there's a re-ring re-notifier for missed calls or text, but is there something for google calendar reminders?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This sounds like what I need: you can set calendar apt. reminders to loop, active in silent mode, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reventreminder