1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rockplayer-too large to download on Captivate?

I have a new Samsung Captivate and attempted to directly download Rockplayer - got message that file was too big. What am I doing wrong? Is a driver needed in advance of downloading? Special Settings? Thanks for any help.

ROM
    CM7 & HC Bottle of Smoke

Where were you downloading it from?? I have rockplayer on my Epic and it works fine.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

get it from the market. and try that.
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Rockplayer-too large to download on Captivate?

I figured out that I should download RP to my pc, rather to Captivate directly. This went fine. I then syncd Captivate to PC and successfully brought over RP.
    However, when I attempted to install, got msg that: "Install Blocked...for security phone is set to block installation of apps not sourced in android mkt."
    Does this mean I must root Captivate in advance of installing RP?

Default Re: Rockplayer-too large to download on Captivate?

@ modelerr That's a common way to do it. Just make sure you install the proper root. Do a one click root and make sure you choose the full root with third party apps. Not the partial root. Should work just fine after that with the steps you explained.

ROM
    CM7.1 Nightlies

Default Re: Rockplayer-too large to download on Captivate?

Go to Settings -> Application Settings -> check the "Unknown Sources". If that is allowed, you don't need to root the phone to install apps downloaded from PC.