what's up with the worthless menu button?

bombastinator

May 7, 2010
Visit site
the menu button only seems to do one fairly useless thing. Why break the android development system without a really good reason? All it seems to do with me is make the learning curve steep enough to be not worth doing. I can barely figure out how to use the thing.

Matt Brubeck

Mozilla Inc.
May 19, 2010
Visit site
The UI of Firefox for Android is mostly the same as our older Firefox for Maemo releases, simply because that's the code we started with, and we haven't finished adapting it all to Android and integrating it with the native widgets. As time goes on it will become better integrated. This will happpen over several releases, since right now we're more focused on stability and performance.

cynomyso

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for clarifying that Matt. I hadn't even considered saying anything as I just figured that that is how it would be, but it is frustrating to hit the menu button and expect to get to the settings, bookmarks, etc and get something else. Even after hitting it many times, I can't seem to break myself of the habit. As innovative as the interface is, I think that something more Android-ish would be more useful. I can't wait to see how the UI progresses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance