Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transfering files from internal memory to SD memory card

I have a Samsung S3. I need to replace the phone and I need to move all the files I have from the internal memory to the SD memory card.

I just wondering what app do I need to do this? Thanks!

And before you say this, the connector on the phone is bad so that's the only way I can transfer files now. I guess I can also do it WiFi but I am not sure how to do this and I have a Mac so that's why I say SD memory card.

Default Re: transfering files from internal memory to SD memory card

Quote Originally Posted by secrecyguy View Post
    I have a Samsung S3. I need to replace the phone and I need to move all the files I have from the internal memory to the SD memory card.

I just wondering what app do I need to do this? Thanks!

And before you say this, the connector on the phone is bad so that's the only way I can transfer files now. I guess I can also do it WiFi but I am not sure how to do this and I have a Mac so that's why I say SD memory card.
    If you mean an external sd card that you inserted inside your phone then I can help. Theres an app already installed on your phone called 'My Files'. You need to open that app. Then tap all files then device storage. Once you have done that, find which files you wish to transfer. To do this just tap the little box on the left hand side of each file and it will select that file. Once you have selected everything you want to move, press the menu button at the top right. Then press move. After that it should take you to where you selected device storage. Then tap on 'SD memory card' and just tap the 'Move here' button at the top. Then its all done Hope this helps