Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Default [SOLVED] Temple Run 2 not-cloud sync

It was advertised that TR2 now has cloud sync. Signed into Google on my tablet, them played. Installed on my phone and signed into Google.

Nothing synced....

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by dougltc; 06-01-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Global Posts
    19,836 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Temple Run 2 not-cloud sync

I am not entirely sure you did anything wrong. Have you emailed the developer about this? There may be a bug in syncing data between devices.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am not entirely sure you did anything wrong. Have you emailed the developer about this? There may be a bug in syncing data between devices.
    So I contacted the developer... he said 'it takes a few days' bahh... Could sync isn't supposed to 'take a few days..'

So I messed around with it and found a fix... I set high score and did some unlocks on my phone. Tablet didn't sync 'for a few days' -- figured out that if I sign out of Google Games on the tablet (Settings > 'Sign into Google'), close the app, reopen the app and sign back in to Google Games -- it insta syncs. BAM -- problem solved (sorta)

NOTE: On Temple Run 2, coins and gems are device specific, so that never syncs. What does sync are the stats and unlocks. So if you unlock an upgrade, that WILL SYNC...

You just have to be cognizant of which device has the higher score, and only unlock stuff on that device until you sync it. Yeah, it's kind of a PITA, but at least it works.

Global Posts
    19,836 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for posting the follow up.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here