Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Alternate Kitkat SMS app for blocking spam?

Lately, I've been getting way too many of these 'Congratulations, you have won a cruise!' texts waking me up in the morning, so I'm hunting for a solution. Appears that the default Kitkat text messaging app (Moto X) doesn't allow for blocking text messages, and worse yet, apps like Mr Number can't block text messages in Kitkat either:

Why aren't text messages being blocked? : Mr.Number

So I'm looking for an alternative SMS app that can block texts? Specifically, an app that will block any text messages that contain URLs from people NOT on my contacts list. I think that would probably take care of the problem.

Any recommendations?

Global Posts
    19,022 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Alternate Kitkat SMS app for blocking spam?

Quote Originally Posted by worknman View Post
    Lately, I've been getting way too many of these 'Congratulations, you have won a cruise!' texts waking me up in the morning, so I'm hunting for a solution. Appears that the default Kitkat text messaging app (Moto X) doesn't allow for blocking text messages, and worse yet, apps like Mr Number can't block text messages in Kitkat either:

Why aren't text messages being blocked? : Mr.Number

So I'm looking for an alternative SMS app that can block texts? Specifically, an app that will block any text messages that contain URLs from people NOT on my contacts list. I think that would probably take care of the problem.

Any recommendations?
    Have you tried calling your carrier? They can probably block most if not all those for you.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here