Tweetcaster or Tweetdeck?

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Tweetdeck just overtook Twicca and the Official app for me. I got rid of the latter two and just use Tweetdeck now.

The column and friend features alone promoted that app to #1 for me.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My recommendation is to get rid of the one YOU don't like rather than seeing what everyone else uses :)

I personally like that I can have Tweetdeck on pretty much any platform, the unified way of viewing tweets and Facebook updates on my desktop, laptop, and phone has a lot of benefit to me. Plus the price is right...

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Only thing about Tweet Deck is you have to go through so many steps to tag someone in a post on twitter. Tweetcaster it automatically starts pulling up their name after you put the "@" sign

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the aesthetics of tweetcaster much better than tweetdeck (but prefer twidroyd over both - not necessarily for aesthetics, but because the latest version of twidroyd allows you to view links right in the app without having to open the browser...which is killer!).

Last edited:

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Only thing about Tweet Deck is you have to go through so many steps to tag someone in a post on twitter. Tweetcaster it automatically starts pulling up their name after you put the "@" sign

agreed, I use touiteur for this purpose alone and Tweetdeck for all else. Hopefully one day this will work.

SaltheTech

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Haven't figured out if there is a way to old school RT in peep and peep doesn't allow me to search trending topics. For now I have gone back to the Android Twitter app.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I think several questions need to be asked to decide "Tweetcaster or Tweetdeck"?

1. Do you use Facebook?
2. Do you wanna be able to see Facebook statuses also and not just post status.
3. If you don't use Facebook which UI do you like better?

If you use separate app for Facebook it's your phone. Don't ask input. It's your phone use the one you want.

Personally, I use Tweetdeck because I use both Twitter and Facebook and I wanna see status updates from Facebook and tweets from Twitter as well as wanna be able to post to both. Tweetdeck also has Google Buzz and Foursquare if you use those protocols so you won't need all these multiple apps.

Do remember it's your phone and your choice. ;)

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
If I wasn't using Facebook, then Tweetcaster would be my choice. It's got trends and nearby which Tweetdeck doesn't, and I like Tweetcaster's interface better. I'm actually using both right now until Facebook gets push notifications.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I love Twicca, but I'm intrigued by Tweetdeck. It's got a lot of promise as the developers over at Tweetdeck are continually looking to improve the product.

I am going to give Hootsuite a try in a bit though.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer TweetDeck. I've used TweetCaster for a few months and it's a solid application, but for me, TweetDeck does everything in a more simple and intuitive manner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995