Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tweetcaster or Tweetdeck?

Ok I've got both installed but I want to get rid of one. Anyone wanna weigh in?

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I like tweet deck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I prefer Tweetdeck because of the different columns for DM's and mentions. I just find it easier to navigate

Tweetdeck just overtook Twicca and the Official app for me. I got rid of the latter two and just use Tweetdeck now.

The column and friend features alone promoted that app to #1 for me.

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

My recommendation is to get rid of the one YOU don't like rather than seeing what everyone else uses

I personally like that I can have Tweetdeck on pretty much any platform, the unified way of viewing tweets and Facebook updates on my desktop, laptop, and phone has a lot of benefit to me. Plus the price is right...
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

Quote Originally Posted by jdbower View Post
    My recommendation is to get rid of the one YOU don't like rather than seeing what everyone else uses
    What he said.

Only thing about Tweet Deck is you have to go through so many steps to tag someone in a post on twitter. Tweetcaster it automatically starts pulling up their name after you put the "@" sign
    Banned

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

^^^ yep and there is not any twitlonger support with tweetdeck sadly

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I like tweetdeck for the ease of sliding between the columns..does everything I need.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I like the aesthetics of tweetcaster much better than tweetdeck (but prefer twidroyd over both - not necessarily for aesthetics, but because the latest version of twidroyd allows you to view links right in the app without having to open the browser...which is killer!).
    Last edited by BTSee; 11-25-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    "...and this is what not to do if a bird sh*ts on you"

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

Quote Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
    Only thing about Tweet Deck is you have to go through so many steps to tag someone in a post on twitter. Tweetcaster it automatically starts pulling up their name after you put the "@" sign
    agreed, I use touiteur for this purpose alone and Tweetdeck for all else. Hopefully one day this will work.

i use the stock peep on my evo... does all i need it to
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Haven't figured out if there is a way to old school RT in peep and peep doesn't allow me to search trending topics. For now I have gone back to the Android Twitter app.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

@jsalny again touiteur will let you do both of those and has a smaller footprint. Just not that cute little bird

ROM
    Stock Unrooted JellyBean

Well I think several questions need to be asked to decide "Tweetcaster or Tweetdeck"?

1. Do you use Facebook?
    2. Do you wanna be able to see Facebook statuses also and not just post status.
    3. If you don't use Facebook which UI do you like better?

If you use separate app for Facebook it's your phone. Don't ask input. It's your phone use the one you want.

Personally, I use Tweetdeck because I use both Twitter and Facebook and I wanna see status updates from Facebook and tweets from Twitter as well as wanna be able to post to both. Tweetdeck also has Google Buzz and Foursquare if you use those protocols so you won't need all these multiple apps.

Do remember it's your phone and your choice.
    Please click the "Thanks" button if I have helped you out in any way.

Even in your darkest moments, you'll think of something that'll crack you up. ~ Brad Paisley

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I use touiteur

i like tweetcaster myself. the widget keeps me on top of new tweets and the interface is eye and user friendly.
    Hooligan76
    Devices: LG Spectrum, HTC Rhyme, Sony Xperia Play, Elocity A7 w/ CM7.1
    Carrier: Verizon

If I wasn't using Facebook, then Tweetcaster would be my choice. It's got trends and nearby which Tweetdeck doesn't, and I like Tweetcaster's interface better. I'm actually using both right now until Facebook gets push notifications.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

Tweetdeck ftw

Sent from my SuperSonic....
    I tweet too - @enzofall

I love Twicca, but I'm intrigued by Tweetdeck. It's got a lot of promise as the developers over at Tweetdeck are continually looking to improve the product.

I am going to give Hootsuite a try in a bit though.

I prefer TweetDeck. I've used TweetCaster for a few months and it's a solid application, but for me, TweetDeck does everything in a more simple and intuitive manner.

I have a question. I'm thinking that I'm perhaps missing something or this
    just isn't possible on the Android app. Can I get a column on TweetDeck for
    Twitter trends?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

For the time I used tweetdeck I did not notice that feature. I have since reverted back to the official Twitter app from Android.

Quote Originally Posted by jsalny View Post
    For the time I used tweetdeck I did not notice that feature. I have since reverted back to the official Twitter app from Android.
    Yeah, I've just been using the Twitter app too. If I could get trends, it would
    make TweetDeck complete for me.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Give tweetcaster a test drive I know for sure it has tending topics.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast