Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update 4.0.3 software to most Current version possibile on a LG P705 Mob. phone. please help

Hi, I have a LG P705 Android mobile phone with a 4.0.3 software version, ( Sep 2012.) I would like to please update the software with the most current version, possible.
    (My aim is to tether my LG P705 phone to my Toshiba Satellite Laptop.
    My ISP is Amaysim which uses the Optus network.
    Thus far, my laptop will show Android AP on the screen with Limited underneath, but the final step of getting the actual Internet to connect/function on the laptop is missing, most my research indicates it is due to the out dated software? )
    Could you please advise me using a step by step procedure, as I am a novice to technology.
    Thanking you so very much. Linda.

Default Re: Update 4.0.3 software to most Current version possibile on a LG P705 Mob. phone. please help

Welcome to Android Central! System updates are dependent on the manufacturer and the wireless provider. If they decided not to develop an update for your phone, then you're stuck on the current version, unless you want to root your phone and install a custom ROM of a higher Android version. But this is not for beginners, so I would advise caution.

[L7]P700/P705 Guide for Rooting,CWM install,ROMs,Baseband - xda-developers