Vlingo In Car Beta

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this is already posted, but did anyone notice there was a update to Vlingo and it came with the in car beta. I thought that in car beta was only on the Sprint network. Did anyone else notice this.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my new favorite app. Showed it to my iphone fanboy brother yesterday.

He shrugged when I said "Hey Vlingo, call home." And it rang my home phone.

He nodded and said, "Yeah, yeah, big deal" when I said, "Hey Vlingo, text [brother's name], respond to this text without actually touching your iphone."

His jaw absolutely dropped open and he said, "Wait a minute, gimme that phone...." when I said, "Hey Vlingo, what is the answer to life, the universe and everything?" and it answered "42" and gave me additional information on the works of Douglas Adams.

This is an outstanding program.
If vlingo can just add "Listen to" for music, I'll ditch Google's voice search for good.

robotmonkey

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how Vlingo differs from Google Voice and Actions other than the part where it listens for your commands ("Hey, Vlingo" or whatever).

Does it understand better or anything else?

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how Vlingo differs from Google Voice and Actions other than the part where it listens for your commands ("Hey, Vlingo" or whatever).

Does it understand better or anything else?

They both have their strengths. I love VLingo's new car mode. That is huge by itself. One of the things you can say is "Hey VLingo, Safe Reader On" and it will read any emails or texts that arrive to you, until you turn safe reader off again. Those are two features GVS doesn't provide.

Google Voice does "Listen to", enabling you to listen to music from Pandora, last.fm, Slacker, and I presume, others. I haven't seen where VLingo lets you do that.

For stuff they both do: Google, for me, seems to do Navigation better. But that might be because I have used it more so it has "learned" by pronunciation better for place names.

VLingo seems to do text, calling, and mail better for me. For some reason, Google seems not to know well how to distinguish the recipient from the message.

I'll keep both on my phone for a while but I would say that VLingo is becoming more compelling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar