Best twitter app?

joshuat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Im just getting into the whole twitter thing and finding the best available app is complicated with so many choices. Im not a power user or need anything complicated. I just need a well thought out app, nice to look at and just plain easy to use.

Ive been recommended seismic and twitdroid, but havent heard anyone talk about the official app.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
tweetdeck by far for me. it integrates along with twitter, facebook, foursquare, and buzz. plus it has 3 widget options based on what you want to do from your home screen. you can post directly, view a certain column (basically it can be as basic as your twitter/facebook feed, a combo or both, or something unique) as well as a widget that just launches a certain column in the app.

for me what sold me on it was the integration it has with facebook. each tweet it gives you an option to post to both or just one account. Along with that the user interface is very clean and easy to use.

joshuat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
the thing is I dont really use facebook. Im just looking for a dedicated twitter app. Would tweetdeck still be the best option?

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
the thing is I dont really use facebook. Im just looking for a dedicated twitter app. Would tweetdeck still be the best option?

yeah, tweetdeck is a twitter app, it just extends functionality to those who like everything in one place, you don't have to hook up a facebook account at all. If you don't your feeds will just show twitter updates rather than both twitter and facebook. The custom columns you can make can be for example: feed, direct messages, @replies. It can be solely dedicated to twitter.

Reactions: joshuat

joshuat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah, tweetdeck is a twitter app, it just extends functionality to those who like everything in one place, you don't have to hook up a facebook account at all. If you don't your feeds will just show twitter updates rather than both twitter and facebook. The custom columns you can make can be for example: feed, direct messages, @replies. It can be solely dedicated to twitter.

thanks, its good to be informed

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently using Samsung's friends & feeds widget. Downloaded Hootsuite a few days ago and didn't liked it. Too complicated (not a power user here either). No widget, no facebook combination currently, and too many steps just to view the posts. Uninstalled.

I'll try Tweetdeck also from the recs.

geminidad

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

I would go with Twicca hands down for just Twitter use. Has much more options and the interface is simple. I have Twicca for my Twitter and Tweetdeck for my Twitter, Facebook and Google Buzz. Trust me, just try Twicca, you'll love it much more options then Tweetdeck.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
As a stand-alone app, Touiteur is exceptional. If you want something that can handle Twitter and most of your other social network accounts, there's nothing better than TweetDeck (my current choice).

dbrad4d

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Been using Twidroyd and like it a lot. Started trying Tweetdeck last week and am still getting into it. Like the "jump to top" feature of Twidroyd.

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For me, a lot of the Twitter apps lack one piece that would make them perfect. Tweetdeck lacks a widget that displays tweets instead of just linking to individual columns. The official client lacks support for multiple accounts. Tweetcaster needs visual refinements.

Whichever one of those three fixes their problems first will win my whole-hearted support. Until them, I'll keep client-hopping.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Been using Twidroyd and like it a lot. Started trying Tweetdeck last week and am still getting into it. Like the "jump to top" feature of Twidroyd.
FYI, you can jump to the top of any column in tweetdeck by simply tapping the column header.

Sent from my Droid Incredible