PowerAMP 1.0

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Isn't there an option to use downloaded art vs. what's in the folder?

Yes but it doesnt show album art in the folders either. Some but not all. All of my cover art is labeled cover.jpg Im not sure why it shows some of them and not all wierd.:cool:

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My biggest problem is the lack of organization. What if I just want to listen to one CD and not every song on my phone? I wish you could organize your music better, and it's kinda a big deal to me that you can't...

MrLee

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm liking the app, especially the ability to move to the next track by long-pressing the button on the headset.

And I like the lock screen widget too.

However, 1 thing I'm not a fan of, is how the screen turns one every time I adjust the volume. For the stock player, I can adjust the volume without the screen turning on.
Same thing when I long-press the headset button to move to the next track.

But kind of annoying when it's in my pocket, screen turns on and I accidentally tap the controls (next track, or pause...etc) after adjusting the volume.

Not that big of a deal for me now, just an observation. I'm eagerly waiting for the release version too

Dfresh

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
This is the best music player on android and i used many of them. The only grip i have with this player is no bluetooth controls but i guess they will integrate it in later. This player is well worth the 5 bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blacksuntzu

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This is a great player but I wish it had a better way to organize play lists other then going through the native android system. I am having a problem with playing back music. When I get songs with a good bit of bass in them I get some distortion. I do not get the same when I use the native player or winamp. It happens with or without the EQ turned on but less with the EQ turned off. Anybody have any ideas why this would be. Maybe different audio codecs???

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Using it for a few days and a couple of things I have noticed that I am not thrilled with.

• First, when I plug in my headphones the app starts playing my music automatically from where I left off. This bothers me as I may not want the music to start as soon as I plug in the headphones and I do not want the program running all of the time to monitor when I plug in the headphones.

Second, when it finishes an album it goes automatically to the next album.

I have not seen a way to stop the above behavior so I hope that they correct it when the app upgrades from 1.0.

Over all though I do like the program.

Doc

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Using it for a few days and a couple of things I have noticed that I am not thrilled with.

• First, when I plug in my headphones the app starts playing my music automatically from where I left off. This bothers me as I may not want the music to start as soon as I plug in the headphones and I do not want the program running all of the time to monitor when I plug in the headphones.

Second, when it finishes an album it goes automatically to the next album.

I have not seen a way to stop the above behavior so I hope that they correct it when the app upgrades from 1.0.

Over all though I do like the program.

Doc

Im pretty sure one if not both have an option in settings. I just changed the auto playback upon inserting headphones.

dcigary

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Need an option to ignore system sounds, and an option for buffering. For some reason ALL mp3 players on my phone "jump", meaning they pause briefly when there is a realtime event (email notification, message, etc). Any way of turning all that off??

JerryG

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously considering moving to PowerAMP from Mixzing (are you listening Peter?). Having an EQ, and a tag editor that works on all my formats, is a big plus.

Dyster

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It's a solid addition to Android. I've used '3' since day one. But 3 downloads the correct album art and PA does not. I have 7-8 albums with art from Chinese bootlegs or something... If they can fix that and it's less than $3 US, I may switch.

jovan817

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Its a Hot App

I think PowerAmp is cool...it actually made me use my evo fro music more...the equalizer settings and tone controls are impressive and it doesnt take volume off of the music at all...It worked without a hitch. Found my music and loaded album art and tag info with no problem. Its a great app and If i ever wanted to switch to my evo full time for music i would definitely purchase it. it beats any other music app and ive tried all of them.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just want to see gapless playback but the eq on it is a great feature.

I agree! I cannot believe that any decent player leaves gapless playback out.

Sorry but some artists have alblums that the tracks go right into one another and that is the way it was meant to be heard! How can you listen to music that has a hiccup in the middle of the track change?

I will buy it when they add that.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i like it a lot too i just wished it had the ability to set what part you want to be your ringtone i find that only the stock player lets you do that and if it had like a 2x2 widget like music mod it would be perfect.

CDAustin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just dl'd from the market. I moved all of my music to my phone (rooted Evo) via doubleTwist, and PowerAMP found it instantly. Everything works great, and is far better than the stock music app. It even beats all of the market replacements I've tried. The preamp and the EQ in general are the selling points for me. Glad this made front page, or I'd have never known what I was missing.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Considering this is 1.0 product, it pretty much knocks your socks off. I too had been frustrated with the options for music here on my Evo. I did like others have transferred with doubletwist the ran PowerAMP. It located all fine. Then I set it so that it could dl the album art and BAM there it is in in all it's glory. Is it perfect..no. Is it better then what we have had..Yep. Will it get better? I sure hope so.

Now I want to take my Evo to the gym and use it on my workout. So psyched about that.:D

5.00 is cheap for what this does now and it's future potential.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae