- 52 Posts
Hallelujah, PocketInformant is here!
For anyone interested, PI is an absolutely fabulous calendar/tasks/contacts program that's been on WinMo, Blackberry and iPhone for a while and now the public beta for Android has just hit the Android Market.
V 1.0 doesn't include contacts - just calendar and tasks - but even this is a huge improvement. Just the fact that you can copy and paste an appointment is practically enough for me.
Here's some info on the program from the website (webis.net):
Pocket Informant is a fully redesigned from the ground up calendaring and GTD®-based tasks solution for Android Devices. Our purpose is to integrate best-of-class calendaring with best-of-class tasks together into one great solution.
- Full-featured events management integrated with Android Calendar plus a separate PI Calendar
- Tasks management with synchronization to Toodledo
- Both events and tasks can be displayed in 2 different day views, 6 week views, agenda view and month view
- Plain list and grouped (by category, context, folder, action, status) task views for tasks
- Optional category (for events and tasks) and status (for tasks only) filters in main views
- Ability to show/hide different Android calendars
- Optional timebars and mini-text (event details displayed directly in calendar grid) views for events month view
- Templates for events and tasks (including default templates for new items)
- Custom time/date selection controls for easy task/event modification and navigation in main view (including all month view features including mini-text in date selector)
- Easily accessible commands for events or tasks directly from main views (assign category, move between calendars, move to a different date, context, folder etc.)
- Highly configurable interface (with over 100 different options)
- Configurable event and task edit dialogs (with ability to show/hide all event/task fields)
- Search and notifications integration with standard Android services
- Ability to assign colors to each individual event or task, category, calendar, different task statuses, work and free days etc.
- Easy backup with ability to export/import all settings or copy whole PI database with simple copy of one file
- Optional auto-deletion of completed tasks (on deletion or after certain period of time)
- 10-23-2010, 04:40 AM #2
Finally! something. I don't know about PI itself, I am not crazy about the interface, but this should at the very least light a fire under the butts of other developers before PI captures the market. What do you think the eventual cost will be of PI? If reasonable, maybe I'll give it a real chance with this beta.
- 10-23-2010, 07:37 AM #3
- 10-23-2010, 08:02 AM #4
I have used PI on every device i have owned until my EVO....I am sooo excited!!!!
PI has always been reasonably priced....been a while since I purchased...but it is worth it. I am using the BETA now and it is excellent...looks and feels great!
Last edited by JaxDreamFunding; 10-23-2010 at 08:15 AM.
- 10-23-2010, 08:59 AM #5
- 10-23-2010, 10:22 AM #6
- 10-23-2010, 12:46 PM #7
- 155 Posts
Hmm, if it syncs to Google Tasks, it may be worth a look. Right now I'm using GTasks to sync my Android tasks to my PC Desktop via Google Tasks. If this does the same thing but with a better UI (and how could it not be better than GTasks?) then I'll have to check it out. I hope it has a widget though. GTasks does.
Oh wait a minute. I just installed it and it does not sync to Google tasks, only to Toodle-do. :< Uninstalled.
Last edited by Roland Stone; 10-23-2010 at 12:54 PM.
- 10-23-2010, 12:52 PM #8
- 10-23-2010, 12:59 PM #9
- 155 Posts
I like Google Tasks because Chrome allows me to turn it into a standalone window on my PC that autosyncs to my Droid tasks. Not sure if Toodledo does that too?
Ok, I see that Chrome actually does let you turn ANY website into a standalone app/window on your PC including Toodledo. Still, I'm not sure I like the look of Toodledo. Google Tasks is a much cleaner uncluttered look. You see your tasks and that's about it.
Last edited by Roland Stone; 10-23-2010 at 01:12 PM.
- 10-23-2010, 01:56 PM #10
- 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM #11
- 43 Posts
I'm getting duplicate events for each day on one of my Google calenders.
My primary calender that my phone was set up with is my Google "A" calender. Recently, I added a second Google account "B". Before I added Pocket Informant, both calenders were displayed with no problems. I installed PI and now, calender "B" is displaying duplicate events.
I even checked the native HTC calender and the same thing is happening there which never happened before PI. I went into my Google calender via my PC and there are no duplicate events so something must be happening on the phone.
Anyone have suggestions?
By the way.....this is on a EVO.Several "challenged" phones then--->Palm Treo--->BlackBerry Curve 8330---->DROID X--->EVO
- 10-25-2010, 10:48 AM #12
- 10-25-2010, 11:05 AM #13
- 10-25-2010, 09:07 PM #14
- 02-19-2011, 04:20 PM #15
I have been using PI calendar on my Droid for a bit now and today, just realized how much I like the UI for Tasks (was also using GTasks, though pretty bare bones, if you ask me!). The one good advantage to GTasks was being able to sync with Google, so I could add/delete tasks on my PC.
Any way to do this yet on PI? If you are using PI for your tasks right now, do you care that you can't sync your Tasks to any other location?
- 02-20-2011, 12:34 AM #16
- 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM #17
- 02-20-2011, 07:14 PM #18
In other words, I have them prioritized according to what I named each category. Can these categories transfer over to ToodleDo?
Last edited by CatB; 02-21-2011 at 06:39 AM.
- 02-22-2011, 07:11 AM #19
- 02-23-2011, 10:40 AM #20
- 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM #21