1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yahoo Mail Update

What's up with Yahoo Mail requiring you update the program OUTSIDE of the Android Market?
    Has anyone else run into this?

[tapatalk on android]

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Yes. The Yahoo! Mail app is forcing me to upgrade to v1.2 through a download outside the market. The app will not work without upgrading and the upgrade is not appearing in the market. I downloaded and installed the upgrade through the web browser, and received persistent FC errors when attempting to access the general settings. I uninstalled until they get their act together.

Thumbs down

It's forcing me to update as well. Can't use the app to read the mail until you install the apk. I think I'll wait to see how this goes before I install. What gives yahoo...

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

I just installed (Epic 4G) about 30 minutes ago after doing a little research on what the heck I was potentially downloading... it seems all is well and it's a legitimate update from Yahoo, though the method of delivery (not through the market?) is a little questionable... it has a **sort of** new look u/i with some slight new features and the ability to add multiple yahoo accounts. I'm still looking for a full change-log somewhere but the changes appear to be minor at best
    "Itís only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anythingÖ"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Simple solution....K-9 Mail. I gave up on the Yahoo app a long time ago, never worked reliably and was too cluttered.

ROM
    CM7 & HC Bottle of Smoke

the update has been pulled..We all should not have seen that msg..plz reinstall if you need to..it now works again..

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    Simple solution....K-9 Mail. I gave up on the Yahoo app a long time ago, never worked reliably and was too cluttered.
    After this fiasco, I decided to try K-9. I'm glad I did. The consolidation of accounts and user-friendly interface (and customization) in K-9 make me happy that Yahoo! screwed up.