GMail hidden items and growing

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My Gmail account has a mystery unread Email that I cannot find, much less delete. I've tried filtering every way I and cannot locate or delete it, and I've checked all my folders/labels as well.

Also, I found that if I don't keep tabs on it, the data files will grow incessantly as high as 30mb or more. Any way to reign that in without manually cleaning out the data on a regular basis?

Sent from my rooted Droid Eris 2.1 (xtrSense)

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you trying logging in to gmail through the browser on your phone ? Every once in a while, I'll delete one from my phone that doesn't fully sync -- that is, it will disappear from the list in my gmail app, but it still shows an unread email. Usually if I log in through the browser and delete it, it disappears for good.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
^ that works...usually it happens when I archive it and a second reply to the conversation comes in at about the same time I archive the original email.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Did you trying logging in to gmail through the browser on your phone ? Every once in a while, I'll delete one from my phone that doesn't fully sync -- that is, it will disappear from the list in my gmail app, but it still shows an unread email. Usually if I log in through the browser and delete it, it disappears for good.

Thanks guys - that did the trick. Now to figure out why my Gmail data files are growing like The Blob!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My Gmail account has a mystery unread Email that I cannot find, much less delete. I've tried filtering every way I and cannot locate or delete it, and I've checked all my folders/labels as well.

Also, I found that if I don't keep tabs on it, the data files will grow incessantly as high as 30mb or more. Any way to reign that in without manually cleaning out the data on a regular basis?

are you clearing the cache in settings--->apps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance