Need mass text app

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I need a good mass texting app. I know I can send texts to 10 different people at a time. But I need something that will allow to send out to 30-50 people at a time. I know there are a number of them on the market, but I'd like to see what you guys use.

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent sms. Never tried sending a message to that many people so I don't know if you can. But it is an awesome sms app.

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You can create groups on Handcent and it works well from what I tried, but I haven't created many big groups, so don't really know how big it can handle.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use stock messaging app, and I created groups in my Gmail account. I created them on my desktop. When I go into messaging, click on the to box, and it takes you to your contacts. Slide over to groups, pick your group, and text away. It has worked just fine for me.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody successfully texted 50+ people using one of the above methods? I need to be able to send a text to 50-75 people at a time.

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
in Handcent, you can click the little plus icon in the contact area, and will let you just check who you want to send to. I use it on holidays and such to send out to most my contact list. Pretty sure it's been over 50 with no problems. Not sure if there is a limit, but never gives me any issues.

Reactions: ragnarokx

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
SMS bulk

Ok guys so here's the deal, I run a company and what we do is buy used and new phones. What I do is send text messages to people that I found their number on craigslist and send a scripted text pending the model of phone.

Now is it possible to have an app that can load up a ton of numbers say for one price we offer ($150) then just shoot that text out to everyone rather than going one by one?

Any advice would be helpful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What do people think of RemoteSMS for using it for something like this?

The only thing with this app is it always says cannot connect please reconnect on the computer side of things.

Pretty annoying...

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone sucessfully "forwarded " a message to a group??? I have groups set up in my contacts but when I want to forward it gives no way of accessing the group I have... How freakin frustrating it is... Thats maybe the one and only thing I loved more about my blackberry... OH !! AND copying and pasting from an email message... I figured I would try that but it won't scroll down the email to copy all the text ... just whats on the screen... WTF? FAIL!!! HELP!!!

Update but not so great... I found you can copy all text by holding down the finger on the text in the forward screen then copy.. go into your groups, select the group then compose, paste... but wont copy attachments.. still a fail and pain in the A@$

why can't they just let you access the "group" in your contacts?????????????

Last edited: